Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original B-15 flying jacket..!!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just got myself an original B-15 USAAF flying jacket and am well chuffed about it! This beaut is in perfect condition, bar a few moth holes in the knits, but doesn't effect them. Alpaca lining is lovely and thick, as is the mouton collar (looks like it was only put there yesterday!!). I'm really getting into the cloth jackets at the moment (B10s and B15s), no idea why, but just seem to be the right piece of kit to grab and head out with!

ForumB152.jpg

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Looks mighty fine, Paddy-might have to get me one of those. I have an Aero poplin B-10, one of their early test samples picked up cheap, but the alpaca is nowhere near thick enough-it's more like tweed. ELC's new one is nice, but I'm not keen on the pointy collar.

MB17

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
GREAT Jacket

You can see even in the picture how un-squashed the collar is. Very nice! I hadn't really considered a cloth jacket until you posted this. You look authentic AND stylish. Do you wear the crusher out & about?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wearing the 50 mission crusher..

The 50 mission crusher only gets an airing at air shows and the like. Not something you would comfortably go and walk the dog in, or pop around to the newsagents wearing! But it's well 'crushed' with a great vintage flyers bash to it. And yes, I'm glad that the wee pic of the B-15 has opened up more possibilities for you in thinking about a flying jacket :cheers1:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Paddy, wouldn't that Crusher be a wee tad too small to walk a dog in?
Are your Irish eyes Smiling or did Smoke get in them Danny Boy? :kick:
What was the label situation on the B-15? Maker? Spec?
Flyers bash... I'll give you a Flyers bash...!

:beer: and a Drogheda for a belated St.Pat.

Belly O'Tank.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Original B-15

Great looking jacket. You're lucky to
have found it.
Looks great on you.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm amazed at what sort of prices B-10s and B-15s are commanding now. They were cheap and plentiful 15 years ago, my grandpa even had one stuffed away in a closet, but I didn't want it because I didn't think that it was a flight jacket. It's disappeared since.

That's a great find, Paddy. I'd like to find a B-10 myself, but the prices are obscene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24