Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picture of Art

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Here are four Montecristi Panama hats that I bought from Panamabob and had Art Fawcett do the blocking and the trim. The ribbons are all different and the hats were hand blocked on Vintage blocks. The ribbons are all circa 1930s Vintage ribbon. Leather/Roan sweat bands were inserted and are the best money can buy. The Montecristi 2nd from the left is a Fino Fino 1800 plus wpsi. That Montecristi Panama hat weighs 1.1 ounces!!
4hats.jpg

I would say they are "Works of Art." Enjoy my "Picture of Art."

Robert Weber, Mr. Montecristi

Art Fawcett, Master Hatter

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Those are beautiful!
Thanks for posting.
Your collection is definitely an inspiration!

JeffW

Familiar Face
Great looking hats. I can't wait for mine to get in. I did not have Art do the blocking, but I might just half to sent it to him.

English Bob

New in Town
Works of Art indeed

Drop dead gorgeous. Thanks Sharpey that 1.1ouncer would suit me really well. I'm going to get there soon. Your the main man. :cheers1:

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
The best teacher is The Fedora Lounge.

fedoralover said:
You need a special display room to showcase all your hats Sharpy. You and Andykev have the best hat collections around.

fedoralover

I know I have some very fine Montecristi Panama hats and some real nice modern Vintage look fur felts. This lounge taught me who to buy from and who was honest and fair. There is alot of hype and pure lies on Panama hats and fur felt. The pure beaver etc. B.S. story line. ;)

Buy the hat not the story!!

I read hours on past posts on Vintage and sent alot of pm's to the fellows that buy only Vintage. :)
I wish I had found this Fedora Lounge before I wasted a $1000 on pure junk hats. :cry:

I felt like I had just thrown a $1000 bucks out the car window. :cry:
Regards,

Sharpey :cheers1: To all the Honest lounger's you know who you are!!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
More to come

BellyTank said:
Man- that's a straw Fedora!
A bold hat.

B
T

I will post some pictures of the others I got from Panamabob. These are just the iceing on the cake. I love Montecristi Panama hats.

The nice thing with Panamabob You can have 3 or 4 Montecristi's compared to what some of the other Honest sellers ask for one!! :)

Sharpey

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great Posting Sharpey

Thanks for posting those Sharpey, it's good to have an unbiased post for all to see. For those that are new to the Lounge...feast away friends!!!
I can't believe I blocked ALL of those?? Senility comes at different ages :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo