Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post II-Dobbs Straw Hat--sizing ?

Alan F

New in Town
A newbie--

Hopefully I can post twice in one day--I just posted "Summer Straw (Miller Hats), San FRancisco, --ADVICE"--a friend mentioned a shop in downtown Birmingham with hats--so I just checked it out at lunch--kinda interesting place--lotsa hats mostly well sorta odd (purple felt with feathers anyone?)--but I be darn he had some nice Dobbs Straw hats. This one in particular (see link/not the store of course)- DOBBS DS1914 SHANTUNG CENTREDENT 2 1/2
He wanted $89

$75 at Meyers

http://www.meyerthehatter.com/meyer...MLMF&mscssid=9W340F9HK9LR8NMAEG5WDLAUDKPQ3GUC

I measure at just under 23 --I tried on a 7 1/4 and a 7 1/8--i dunno the old fellow seemed to think both fit--7 1/4 a tad looser--

Do these straws with the hot/humid Alabama weather tend to stretch or shrink>--would ya go with the 7 1/4 or the not tight but slightly snugger 7 1/8 in general?

Hey I'm new; any help apreciated!
af
PS I love Bob's hats but wow --they are a tad non-budget friendly--could this be a trainer to a Bob hat?

Dobbs pretty good quality re the Millers I was looking at online? THANKS

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Never count on a hat stretching. That's like the old shoe salesman telling a woman who wears a size 8 that those beautiful size 6's will stretch just to make the sale. A hat, like anything else, should fit right when you buy it. Personally, I prefer mine a little on the loose side. Not much is worse than a headache from a tight hat.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy