Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-War Woolrich Model 545 Sz42

Xopher

A-List Customer
For Sale from my personal collection.

1941 Woolrich Model 545 with Original United Carr art deco snaps and the beautiful triple marked Talon zipper dated April 1941. (D1 Marking)

The 545 is the lesser known brother to the 503 model.

What makes this particular coat much more exciting is it being an earlier Pre-War production coat. One of the last with certain features before wartime changes were made.

During the onset of WW2 Woolrich discontinued the use of their Green Bordered label, the fancy Art Deco snaps, and the temporary switch to buttons instead of zippers due to metal shortages later in the war.
It seems efforts to save materials for the particular coat may have already begun, perhaps due to growing concerns of America entering into WW2, as this model usually came with engraved metal side buckle straps which look to have been omitted at the time of construction as I can find no evidence of them having ever been present and later removed.

Unlike the typical 503 model which is a button closure thigh length coat, the 545 is the shorter zippered variant.

I personally find the Model 545 much more user friendly in daily wear. The waist length makes this an easy coat to wear getting in and out of vehicles. The two hand warmer pockets fall at a natural feeling height.

The snap chest pockets are both matching size and useful for modern life unlike some other vintage coats with mismatch pocket shapes and sizes.

There is an inside left chest pocket which is also wildly useful as well as the good old game/map pocket on the lower back.

I grew up in the town of Woolrich PA, and needless to say I’m a pretty hardcore Vintage Woolrich collector, focusing mainly in pre war Woolrich.
This is from my personal collection and I’m selling it due to it no longer being my size.

The condition is very good. There is some fraying on the zipper starter pin. The jacket is missing the two extra buttons on the sleeves that nobody ever uses anyway.Very little signs of wear, and only minor signs of its 82 years of age. The original Talon zipper is in good shape and I consider the coat ready to rock!

Size 42
Pit to pit: 23”
Back: 26”
Sleeve: 24-24.5”
$225 obo Free Shipping USA
IMG_3671.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpeg
    IMG_3674.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3672.jpeg
    IMG_3672.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3656.jpeg
    IMG_3656.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3660.jpeg
    IMG_3660.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3670.jpeg
    IMG_3670.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Biff42

One of the Regulars

1941 Woolrich Model 545 with Original United Carr art deco snaps and the beautiful triple marked Talon zipper dated April 1941. (D1 Marking)

What makes this particular coat much more exciting is it being an earlier Pre-War production coat. One of the last with certain features before wartime changes were made.

During the onset of WW2 Woolrich discontinued the use of their Green Bordered label, the fancy Art Deco snaps, and the temporary switch to buttons instead of zippers due to metal shortages later in the war.
It seems efforts to save materials for the particular coat may have already begun, perhaps due to growing concerns of America entering into WW2, as this model usually came with engraved metal side buckle straps which look to have been omitted at the time of construction as I can find no evidence of them having ever been present and later removed.

Unlike the typical 503 model which is a button closure thigh length coat, the 545 is the shorter zippered variant.

I personally find the Model 545 much more user friendly in daily wear. The waist length makes this an easy coat to wear getting in and out of vehicles. The two hand warmer pockets fall at a natural feeling height.

The snap chest pockets are both matching size and useful for modern life unlike some other vintage coats with mismatch pocket shapes and sizes.

There is an inside left chest pocket which is also wildly useful as well as the good old game/map pocket on the lower back.

I grew up in the town of Woolrich PA, and needless to say I’m a pretty hardcore Vintage Woolrich collector, focusing mainly in pre war Woolrich.
This is from my personal collection and I’m selling it due to it no longer being my size.

The condition is very good. I see nothing structurally comprised. It is missing the two extra buttons on the sleeves that nobody ever uses anyway. Very little signs of wear, and only minor signs of its 82 years of age. The original Talon zipper is in good shape and I consider the coat ready to rock!

Size 42
$225 obo Free Shipping USA View attachment 584279

I grew up in Williamsport. It's a shame what happened to the brand.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer

The condition is very good. I see nothing structurally comprised. It is missing the two extra buttons on the sleeves that nobody ever uses anyway. Very little signs of wear, and only minor signs of its 82 years of age. The original Talon zipper is in good shape and I consider the coat ready to rock!

Size 42
$225 obo Free Shipping USA View attachment 584279
Love mine, becoming my go too coat this winter:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner