Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PRICES ADDED Hats: Borsalino, Dunn & Co, Lock & Co, Disney, Lembert

tonylumpkin

New in Town
Hi folks! I'm a thrifter. In the time I've been doing it, I've learned a good bit about men's shoes and clothing, but very little about men's hats. However, I do have a pretty good eye for quality and when I find a hat that seems well made, I pick it up. Consequently I have more than a couple hats sitting in my closet gathering dust. My original intent was to accept offers for a limited period of time, but I'm told that isn't allowed. Since I don't know enough about the hat market to intelligently price these, I've been looking through previous classified posts and using them for guidance. If any of the prices seem way out of line, please tell me.

All of the hats are previously owned and worn. I believe all are vintage with the possible exception of the Lembert and the Borsalino flat cap. I think it would be wise to expect to have to have any of them cleaned and blocked and any of the hats with specific issues have been noted below. Please PM me with any questions and, if you're looking for measurements, please be specific as to the area you need measured and how you'd like the measurement to be done.

I now find that there is a limit to the number of images that may be included in a post and that I exceeded that limit. I have numerous additional pictures for each of the hats including interior shots and closeups of issues mentioned for each hat. Please PM me and I will gladly forward additional shots of any hat.

Here's what I've got!

1. Borsalino size 7 1/8. There is a tiny moth bite on this one. It is visible in the picture in the indentation near the top center of the hat. It is a suface bite and doesn't create a hole in the hat. Previous offering on Borsalinos have pristine hats as high as $300 and "projects" as low as $40. I don't think this is at either end of the spectrum so I'm asking $140 plus actual shipping.

borstan.jpg

2. Lock & Co. size is not marked, but the internal measurement around the sweat band is approximately 22". There are some small surface moth bites under the rear brim of the hat. These are pictured. Asking $45 plus actual shipping.

locke.jpg

3. Dunn & Co. Bowler? size is not marked but internal measurement around the sweat band is approximately 22". This hat has a couple significant issues. The sweat band will need to be reattached on about 2/3 of its length. There is also a break in the brim about an inch and a half long. It is intact, closes flush and is more noticeable in the picture than in real life. This being a bit of a project, $35 plus actual shipping.

dunn.jpg

4. Borsalino Homburg? size 5 1/2. I'm assuming a different sizing system. No issues with this hat. Asking $125 plus actual shipping.

borshom1.jpg

5. Lembert Green Velour no size marked but internal measurement around the sweat band is approximately 22 1/2". No issues with this hat. $50 plus actual shipping.

lembert.jpg

6. Borsalino flat cap size M $25 plus actual shipping.

borsflat.jpg

7. Disney size 7. No issues with this hat and it will come in its original box featuring Currier and Ives scenes. Asking $100 (includes box) plus actual shipping.

disney.jpg

Last edited:

tonylumpkin

New in Town
I'm sorry, but we do not permit bidding. You must name a price. We've edited your first post.

My fault for missing the Sticky. I'll try researching some prices and be back.

In the mean time, I'll add some more pics in this post.

Tan Borsalino

Borsalino Homburg

Lock & Co.

Disney

Dunn

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
By the way, the Borsalino Homburg is, just as you assumed, a different sizing system: 5 1/2 french size is equivalent to US 7 1/4 size.

Here is a hat size conversion table: http://hatsizes.com/

tonylumpkin

New in Town
10% OFF any of the prices listed, or feel free to make an offer!

Hi folks! I'm a thrifter. In the time I've been doing it, I've learned a good bit about men's shoes and clothing, but very little about men's hats. However, I do have a pretty good eye for quality and when I find a hat that seems well made, I pick it up. Consequently I have more than a couple hats sitting in my closet gathering dust. My original intent was to accept offers for a limited period of time, but I'm told that isn't allowed. Since I don't know enough about the hat market to intelligently price these, I've been looking through previous classified posts and using them for guidance. If any of the prices seem way out of line, please tell me.

All of the hats are previously owned and worn. I believe all are vintage with the possible exception of the Lembert and the Borsalino flat cap. I think it would be wise to expect to have to have any of them cleaned and blocked and any of the hats with specific issues have been noted below. Please PM me with any questions and, if you're looking for measurements, please be specific as to the area you need measured and how you'd like the measurement to be done.

I now find that there is a limit to the number of images that may be included in a post and that I exceeded that limit. I have numerous additional pictures for each of the hats including interior shots and closeups of issues mentioned for each hat. Please PM me and I will gladly forward additional shots of any hat.

Here's what I've got!

1. Borsalino size 7 1/8. There is a tiny moth bite on this one. It is visible in the picture in the indentation near the top center of the hat. It is a suface bite and doesn't create a hole in the hat. Previous offering on Borsalinos have pristine hats as high as $300 and "projects" as low as $40. I don't think this is at either end of the spectrum so I'm asking $140 plus actual shipping.

borstan.jpg

2. Lock & Co. size is not marked, but the internal measurement around the sweat band is approximately 22". There are some small surface moth bites under the rear brim of the hat. These are pictured. Asking $45 plus actual shipping.

locke.jpg

3. Dunn & Co. Bowler? size is not marked but internal measurement around the sweat band is approximately 22". This hat has a couple significant issues. The sweat band will need to be reattached on about 2/3 of its length. There is also a break in the brim about an inch and a half long. It is intact, closes flush and is more noticeable in the picture than in real life. This being a bit of a project, $35 plus actual shipping.

dunn.jpg

4. Borsalino Homburg? size 5 1/2. I'm assuming a different sizing system. No issues with this hat. Asking $125 plus actual shipping.

borshom1.jpg

5. Lembert Green Velour no size marked but internal measurement around the sweat band is approximately 22 1/2". No issues with this hat. $50 plus actual shipping.

lembert.jpg

6. Borsalino flat cap size M $25 plus actual shipping.

borsflat.jpg

7. Disney size 7. No issues with this hat and it will come in its original box featuring Currier and Ives scenes. Asking $100 (includes box) plus actual shipping.

disney.jpg

StanS

New in Town
What are some of the measurements on the Bosalino: Circumference (or length x width) width of brim, and hight of crown?

tonylumpkin

New in Town
What are some of the measurements on the Bosalino: Circumference (or length x width) width of brim, and hight of crown?

These are the approximate measurements: circumference 39.5", length 13.25", width 11.5", brim 2.375", height of crown about 5.5". I hope this helps. This is the tan Borsalino.

tonylumpkin

New in Town
Many inquiries on these but no one has purchased any of them. I'd like to get them to some folks who would put them to a better use than just sitting in my closet. I would be more than happy to consider offers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner