Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Public Morals" on TNT

Braz

Familiar Face
This show premiers tonight 8/25/15. A cop drama set in the '60s in New York. It got a good review from David Biencouli on the radio today. At worst it should have lots of good hats. I will give it a shot, but with a 10PM start I'll have to record it for watching at a more civilised hour.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Definitely going to be tuning into this one. I've heard some good things about it, and have wanted to give it a try.

MikeKardec

One Too Many
I liked it too. The locations are especially good. I haven't caught any anachronistic props yet ... better than Vegas a few years ago where they were cheating all the time.

There's been a couple of bits of dialog I thought weren't right, like the slang-ish use of "party," but others might know better than myself. If it was me writing I wouldn't use the word that way before the 1970s, just to be safe. My only real criticism, and I will watch the whole season, is that it's trying just a bit too hard. Sometimes the actors are sort of "proving" they are in the story rather than just being in it, rushing through some things, playing others (meaning I can see the superficial acting). It IS a pilot, lots of things are forgivable in pilots ... but in general the performances on TV are so good these days it gets my attention when an actor isn't outstanding. Some of it is less than perfect writing but I thought I could figure out a way to play most of the (ever so slightly) substandard stuff that might remove any objections.

I'll look at the next 3 tonight, I suspect it will get better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran