Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purchasers of hats from Britain prepare to get stung!

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Dear British Hat Sellers and Purchasers

The internet is a fantastic place and a great marketplace especially for hats, one major issue is DELIVERY. Hats come badly packed they come in bags not boxs etc. Im sure many have encountered this problem with e-bayers. Now as of April the 2nd there will be another issue that will hurt the pocket! Royal mail have re-structured there parcel fee's, when we send out our hats, in well structured boxes, it currently costs us £3.65 first class recorded, as of April its will cost us £6.75. This to me is a disgrace and will effect all online hat retailers in the UK and ebayers posting from the UK. Thankfully for international buyers that postage hasn't gone up so much only about 10p.

It's a shame as yet again a simple pleasure will become more and more expensive, and retailers will struggle, heres to hoping that a new decent courier comes along and saves the day.

Thought we'd let people know as Royal Mail seem to be trying to sneak this one in on the down low!

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
Royal Mail are fools to themselves! its almost like they don't want business! trouble is they are basically a monopoly. I tried to post two hats to singapore and was told that the box was 4cm to big!! that 4cm was taken as a whole of the box width,length height! and that i would have to send it by parcel force at £23!!
I had to take it back home and find a smaller box.the same two hats then cost me i think £7.50.or there abouts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy