Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question About A Tiny Vending Machine

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Well, sometimes I have far too much spare time in my hands.

As of this moment, I'm building a model grocery store set in 1941. As far as I know I got the details details right (as in period correct) with the exception of a few bits and pieces I bought a long time ago. Could someone please tell me something about these?

wood230.jpg

Namely, the tall white Pepsi machine on the right. Is this based on a particular model? And if so, when was it introduced? (I do realise the logo is from the 50's, but the machine could be older than that)

Also:

785-228.gif

The red one came with a house kit, and I'd like to know what kind of bike it is.

And yes, I know it's a bit weird to fret about the date of a tiny white metal casting, but then, a guy's gotta have a hobby.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I've tried to dig up some info or images of early 40's Pepsi machines... nothing! I only found the 50's models. I'm going to guess they were very close in appearance. Now, remember that Coke had more machines then any other soda company, the machines you have there aren't correct for 1941. Well, the upright is close from what I can see but, the small red chest style is more of a 40's Coke design. Pepsi's logo didn't change till the 60's... it was almost the same from the 1920's to the 50's!

You know, you should build a model rail road! Make it a period lay-out! If I had the time, money and space, I'd so do it!

=WR=

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Fine, that sheds some of light on these. Guess a little paint and some decals ought to take care of it. Thanks!

Wild Root said:
You know, you should build a model rail road! Make it a period lay-out! If I had the time, money and space, I'd so do it!

=WR=

I'm way ahead of ya, jackson!

magneto

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
{{respectfully SNIPped}}
Pepsi's logo didn't change till the 60's... it was almost the same from the 1920's to the 50's!
Yep! That's when they changed from two dots between "Pepsi" and "Cola" to one, right, early 50s? I can't see the logo on the model in the picture to see if there are two dots or one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace