Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raisin Toast

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I like raisin toast, but prefer toasted raisin bagels. I make my own topping that I like much better than cream cheese.

One stick (1/4 pound) softened butter
One cup honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Blend ingredients together. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Spread on bagels or raisin toast.

I am going to have to try that! It sounds lovely!

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Thanks to Flipped Lid for, unquestionably, a must try. Simple but unique. Origins?

What about a of Nutella on raisin bread? Of course over a light butter spread first. Too much with the Nutella? Someone else is going to have to try it right now...

It's always the uncomplicated things that are the most fun!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Canadians will likely be familiar with the President's Choice brand of Texas-thick raisin bread available at Loblaw's-owned stores. Here's a bread and butter pudding recipe someone has taken from the bag and posted on line. Because the only thing better that PC Brand raisin toast, with butter, and honey, or making french toast with it, is making it into bread and butter pudding!

http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/bread-butter-pudding

And I've just noticed this lady's great taste in beer, Grasshoper by the Big Rock brewing company from Calgary!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
To paraphrase Jeeves: There is no time, sir, at which bread pudding is inappropriate. GO FOR IT this weekend! Bourbon sauce sounds great. Of course, bourbon added to most things is great!

DNO

One Too Many
Jeeves would, indeed, know...and while I enjoy a dose of old P.G. myself, my wife doesn't read Mr. Wodehouse at all. Pity.

DNO

One Too Many
If you go to the link that I gave above for the bourbon sauce, ignore the recipe for banana bread pudding...I stick with the more traditional raisins (although, who knows, maybe bananas are great) but I certainly go with the hard sauce recipe. I put a little less bourbon in due to my family's lamentable tastes but it really makes the pudding! Pardon the drool.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
DNO - thanks for the hot tip on the bread pudding. I have little experience with bread pudding and look forward to trying that, both for the recipe and for a new challenge in the kitchen. I greatly enjoy doing a good brunch on weekend mornings for the family or guests.

Anyone else with some thoughts? Maybe we can start a thread specifically for breakfast recipes. (?) I did a search in the Lounge and could not find anything comparable encompassing the subject; seems to me breakfast is under appreciated in unique fares when compared to other meals.

Right now I am still craving some raisin bread toast with butter and a deep cup of dark coffee though...

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes