Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for a hatter who can service my Panama Hat?

Genuine Classic Gangster

One of the Regulars
I have a Panama hat which I bought from PHD which needs to be cleaned and reblocked and to have the sweatband replaced.

I could send it back to PHD in order to do this, but then they would replace it with another one of the mediocre sweatbands that they always use, and I'd rather have it replaced with a high quality sweatband instead; but to do that, then I would have to send it to another hatter for service.

Prior to making this thread, I was going to contact Tom Gomez, but he seems to have let his website go defunct, and therefore I could no longer find the phone number for his hat services.

Is he out of business now?

If not, then how do I contact him?

If Tom is out of business, then who else would be able properly to service my Panama hat from PHD, even though I wouldn't have bought the hat from that hatter who will be servicing it?

I have a Panama hat which I bought from PHD which needs to be cleaned and reblocked and to have the sweatband replaced.

I could send it back to PHD in order to do this, but then they would replace it with another one of the mediocre sweatbands that they always use, and I'd rather have it replaced with a high quality sweatband instead; but to do that, then I would have to send it to another hatter for service.

Prior to making this thread, I was going to contact Tom Gomez, but he seems to have let his website go defunct, and therefore I could no longer find the phone number for his hat services.

If Tom is out of business, then who else would be able properly to service my Panama hat from PHD, even though I wouldn't have bought the hat from that hatter who will be servicing it?
I would check out the many hatters on Instagram. I can do it for you but you'd have the $50 postage (round trip) plus the cost of repairs. It may make economic sense to turn it into a gardening hat and buy a new one. I have Fino and Super fino Panama straws coming in next month and my prices for the straws plus vintage grosgrain, roan leather sweats will be lower than PHD>

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Put me back in the queue when the blanks come in, Robert. I need a fedora style Panama :)
I would check out the many hatters on Instagram. I can do it for you but you'd have the $50 postage (round trip) plus the cost of repairs. It may make economic sense to turn it into a gardening hat and buy a new one. I have Fino and Super fino Panama straws coming in next month and my prices for the straws plus vintage grosgrain, roan leather sweats will be lower than PHD>

RYoung

New in Town

I spoke to Tom about 3 weeks ago. He is going through some medical stuff but he is still in the hat business. I must say he and I must have talked for over 45 minutes like we were old buddies and this was my first time contacting him. Truly a great guy wanting to help me out with my hat issue. His contact number is 951-201-8450. Leave a message or text him and he should get back with you as quickly as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner