Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Royal" ladies hats

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Okay, out of respect for my U.K. lounger kindred spirits, I'll keep my personal feelings about the "Royal" wedding to myself, but I will comment on the outstanding hats I've seen the ladies wearing while attending. They are fantastic and the ladies look fantastic wearing them, even though they aren't fedora's.

just one example
RoyalWeddingGuestsnewlyweds7vWSiTHTGFal.jpg

fedoralover

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
I'm not fond of weddings of any sort personally and I didn't watch this one but I did see some of the replays on the TV news. I have to say the Brits are the best in the world at putting on pomp and ceremony. I'm always amazed at how perfectly and elaborately the do it. I like seeing women in hats, baseball caps excepted. I agree, they look great. I find the whole monarchy thing curious. It wouldn't work here but the Brits seem to love it.

Last edited:

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thank you fedoralover for starting this thread! I'm in love with the hats that I saw yesterday (and yes, I'm not embarassed to say I watched the whole thing live). Here's a sampling that's already circulating...

image7.jpg
image6.jpg
image5.jpg
image4.jpg
image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg
image8.jpg

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Thank you fedoralover for starting this thread! I'm in love with the hats that I saw yesterday (and yes, I'm not embarassed to say I watched the whole thing live). Here's a sampling that's already circulating...

image7.jpg
image6.jpg
image5.jpg
image4.jpg
image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg
image8.jpg

Thank yo BoPeep for posting more pics. Like I said, whether you are into watching weddings or not, Royal or otherwise, I love these hats, I've always thought women look great in hats and these ladies show it, maybe some to the extreme, but hey some people that see us guys wearing our fedora's with the wide brims and tall crowns think we are extreme.

Any more pics to add to this thread would be great.

Hey Art, here's a new line of hats you could start making. With your imagination I bet you could come up with some great ones.

regards fedoralover

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Next week I will post a Derby Hat picture thread here in Louisville Women get serious about Derby hats. :) Hat designers from around the World come in and their are runway shows and the like around town. Just hope the rain and wind slows down. I worked on getting my Panama hats in shape yesterday afternoon as today it is getting up to 80 degrees and sunny and my wife wants to go to a Art and craft show this afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats