Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Safari Boots

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just bought these boots by English shoemaker, GRENSON. They are from their Heritage Range, whereby they recreate classic boots such as British Army Officer boots from the 40's. These 'Glen' Boots have been modelled on a pair of 'turn of the century' Italian Army boots. Made from leather and canvas, they are lined in glove leather and have a leather sole (which I'll get rubber soles nailed onto for grip).
They currently have a SALE ON at their site which includes a number of lovely Heritage boots. These boots I'll be using as my Safari Boots.

ac663826.jpg

1c10499f.jpg

46974603.jpg

b53fbb97.jpg

52b968f2.jpg

e4af0678.jpg

Oldsarge

One Too Many
That sale is a good price! While I normally look askance at any safari boot but Russell PHII's, if one were to try a full vintage safari, a pair of Grenson's would be just the ticket. Of course, it would also require a black powder gauge rifle or two . . .

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Those are sweet boots, Paddy. Be sure to post pics once you get the sole modified.

I recently came across a pair of excellent boots at G. H. Bass, the Cliffords.

BassCliffordBootssm.jpg

Got 'em on a serious sale just before Christmas, and they wore like I'd had them for years on the first day. The sale was so good I went back and bought a second pair. Apparently I was lucky because now they have disappeared from the Bass site, and even a Google search produces very few results. Just finding this pic took 15 minutes of Googling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo