Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sellers in Australia

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
If you are looking for 30's 40's or even 50's clothing in Australia, you are going to be looking a very long time.

From my experience, finding stuff here is next to impossible, and believe me, I am a blood hound when it comes to finding items I am interested in.

Most of what you do find in the vintage shops here will be imported from the States, or Europe, what still amazes me is the lack of old hats, we must be one of the hottest countries on earth, and you think everyone and his dog would have owned a hat back in the day, but try finding old hats here, and its like winning the lottery, yes next to impossible.

Your best bet is look father a field, mostly the States, and like previously mentioned Europe.

LuckyKat

Practically Family
My friend Christine, owns a shop outside of Sydney, called CLASSIC VINTAGE...look her up online, or send me a PM & I'll find her info...

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
Yes I also looked and found nothing, If you are in Sydney, generally the best place to start looking is Newtown.

There is an abundance of vintage clothing shops down there, that will stock mostly 70's and 80's clothing, but good 40's or 50's clothing you have to be very lucky.

Grandma Takes A Trip, the last time I was in there about 3 months ago had a couple of men's 40's suits, but moth bitten and very small in size, I try to get down there every so often to have a look around, but always come away empty handed, due to the lack of anything descent and found the time best spent on ebay searching.

Best of luck anyway mate.

celestial

Familiar Face
Thanks man. I think my best bet is looking online. There appears to be fair lot of stuff on there anyway. Sucks that you can't try any of it on before buying though. Cheers.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
In Melbourne, the best-known sellers of vintage clothing are:

Out of the Closet (Flinders Street, opposite the station).

American Vintage (imported from the 'States). Smith Street, just north of the City.

It's hard finding stuff that fits, when you're as small as I am, but their stuff is fairly reasonably priced.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
There are good places in Melbourne. A bunch of stores throughout Fitzroy (sorry no names but go for a walk around Smith Street and side streets). And Sacred Heart Mission Op Shops have great vintage gear. The Camberwell Flea Market and Lygon Street Brunswick has a shops too. Melbourne used to have great 1920's and 30's gear for a couple of dollars in the 1980's when I first bought things. It's not as great now but it ain't bad.

Godfrey

One of the Regulars
My best finds have been in the country. I found a really fantastic overcoat in Warrnambool for $40 which is now my winter regular. I've also bought some excellent English handmade shoes in a tiny town south of Horsham - new in a box and great fit for $5. Get off the beaten track and fossick if you want to find something excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo