Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

serial fan surprise from Superman television show

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I brought home "The Adventures of Superman" first season DVD with George Reeves recently. The origin episode re-uses some familiar costumes. Jor-El (Superman's Kryptonian pop) wears the shirt Buster Crabbe wore as Flash Gordon in "Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe" with some added other bits. One of his detractors wears the Captain Marvel top from the serial with a collar from "Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars" (co-incidently Flash's outfit with that collar also had a lightening bolt on it.)
The costume for Lara (Jor-El's wife) looked familiar also but I couldn't place it

The Wolf

P.S. I still love George Reeves as Superman.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Eagle-eye serial vision?

Good spot. Wow, you know your serial costumes almost as well as Bob Burns.

I also still love George Reeves as Superman, he's even better than Kirk Allyn, the serial Superman.

Last summer they shot a George Reeves biopic here in Toronto. I believe it is based on the book "Hollywood Kryptonite:..." If you haven't read that yet, you really should. It's excellent.

The bad news is that George Reeves is played by Ben Affleck. :kick:

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ever Superman has brought something to the franchise from the TV shows to the movies. While my 1st Superman was George Reeves the subsequent ones have done fine in their respective times.

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
My business travels take me to many a fine “port of call�.

One of them is Metropolis, Illinois. They say it’s the only city in the United States named Metropolis and therefore make the claim that it's the “home of Superman�

Their museum has an original George Reeves Superman costume from the TV show and lots of other memorabilia including things from Jack Larson and Noel Neil.

If you are ever in that area it’s worth a trip.
Regards,
Forrestal

Doh!

One Too Many
I have those DVDs, too, and they're fantastic! I haven't seen the show since I was a teenager so it's like watching them anew all over again.

Great hats, too!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had my Packard a car show last summer and saw a restored, fabled Lois Lane Nash exactly like her's in the show.
Jeepers Mr. Kent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland