Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Sherlock" BBC series.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Hmm not sure what is worse: Jared Harris as Moriarty in that tiresome Guy Richie Game of Shadows, or this Jim Moriarty in the final scene on the roof... I guess the Nick Cage school of bad crazy acting has followers... I thought I was watching Ghost Rider or Bangkok Dangerous there for awhile...

Last edited:

Lily Powers

Practically Family
My boyfriend made me watch this series, after much kicking and fighting on my part. For some reason, I had a hard time grasping Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, and I thought the "modernization" of it - a website, etc. - would be lame and ruin it. How wrong was I? I took to the series in no time and found the
characters fascinating and Cumberbatch's portrayal so new and mesmerizing. I love (and hate) how most British series produce just a limited number of episodes. They don't run a good series into the ground like US shows ("Friends," "The Office," "Desperate Housewives" are a few that come to mind) and leave the viewing audience wanting more (the "Mrs. Bradley" mysteries with Diana Rigg come to mind on that line of thought). So yeah, count me in as hooked on this series and all the actors in it and every little nuance they've put into it.

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
My wife and I started watching this a blew through Seasons 1 and 2 (on Amazon Prime for free) in two weeks. I can't wait for the third season, which I've heard is to start filming in March. Oddly, I really like the odd and somewhat bizarre quarks of Moriarty. It adds some special quality of maniacal insanity to the character.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Pricing out 221B Baker Street.... LINK with more discussion

sherlock.jpg

W-D Forties

Practically Family
That is actually a fairly accurate estimate of the flat's value. Property in the UK is astronomically expensive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo