Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Sounds of Sinatra" is gone from my Philco

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Every weekend a local a.m. station would broadcast "The Sounds of Sinatra with Sid Mark" every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. It's the only time I listen to my 50's Philco, or if taking a drive, I listen in my car.

The radio station was abruptly changed to talk radio and it's gone.

Those four hours meant a lot to me. It was really magical to be able to turn on my radio and hear that. It's not the same as listening online. To most it would seem to be no big deal but to me it is...

Just sharing. :(

Flivver

Practically Family
I used to listen to "The Sounds of Sinatra" with Sid Mark back in the 1980s. I didn't realize it was still on. I thought it was very well done. What station had recently been carrying it?

Wish I could still hear it.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
As already posted, Sid Marks website - http://www.soundsofsinatra.com/

and from that site:

You can listen to the Sounds of Sinatra online.

We are very pleased to have a total of ten Sounds of Sinatra affiliates who are now airing the program live online.

WFLN 1480 AM in Arcadia, Florida with two weekly broadcast on Saturdays and Sundays, 8-10 pm, ET.

WNOS 1450 AM in New Bern, North Carolina with two weekly broadcast on Saturdays 7-9pm and Sundays, TBA, ET.

News Radio 1330 WEBO in Owego, New York with two weekly broadcast on Saturdays 8-10am and Sundays 9-11am, ET.

News Talk AM 1490 WGCH in Greenwich, Connecticut with a weekly broadcast on Sunday 4-6pm, ET.

The SPA AM 1510 in California with a weekly broadcast on Sunday 10-12pm, PT.

KLBB AM 1220 Radio in Stillwater, Minnesota with a weekly broadcast on Saturday 12-2pm, CT.

WHYL 960 AM in Carlisle, Pennsylvania with a weekly broadcast on Sunday 3-5pm, ET.

Seaview AM 960 in Palm Beach, Florida with a weekly broadcast on Saturday 6-8pm, ET.

The River WGL 1250 AM in Fort Wayne, Indiana with a weekly broadcast on Saturday 6-8pm, ET.

K-Jewel 99.3 KJWL in Fresno, California with a weekly broadcast on Sunday 9-11am PT.

OLDIES 101.5 FM WXHC in Cortland County, Homer, New York with a weekly broadcast on Sunday 9-11am ET.

Flivver

Practically Family
On line!

Fantastic!

It's so great to now be able to listen to radio stations all over the world on line.

Thank you for posting this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo