Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Numbers Printed On Inside of Sweatband and on hidden interior size tag

edh3007

New in Town
Hi All,
My recently acquired Stetson Stratoliner has almost no readable information printed on the sweatband and arrived with no liner (or pin for that matter). There is a number printed on the _inside_ of the sweatband: 718-1-0518. There is also a small printed tag glued in (visible when you lift the sweatband) that has the size (7 1/8) and a number: 521991.

I tried to look these up to no avail, but I was hoping someone hear might know or point me to a good cross-reference.

FWIW, I've been a member for a while now, but mostly lurk as I don't consider myself expert in any particular hat matters. :) But I find the FL helpful and enjoyable to read.

Cheers, Ed H. (just outside Atlanta GA)

Hi All,
My recently acquired Stetson Stratoliner has almost no readable information printed on the sweatband and arrived with no liner (or pin for that matter). There is a number printed on the _inside_ of the sweatband: 718-1-0518. There is also a small printed tag glued in (visible when you lift the sweatband) that has the size (7 1/8) and a number: 521991.

I tried to look these up to no avail, but I was hoping someone hear might know or point me to a good cross-reference.

FWIW, I've been a member for a while now, but mostly lurk as I don't consider myself expert in any particular hat matters. :) But I find the FL helpful and enjoyable to read.

Cheers, Ed H. (just outside Atlanta GA)

While interior tags can give clues to ages, etc., those numbers have no real useful information to convey. Depending on what type of tag it is, the second number likely is a re-order number if you wanted to replace your hat. The first one could be a lot of things, including a reference placed there by the folks making the sweat.

Most of Stetson's internal books were destroyed when the Philadelphia plant closed. Therefore, there is no way to cross-reference.

Pics are always helpful.

edh3007

New in Town
Frunobulax,
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm normally quite good at searching (ahem), I was afraid I'd see exactly what you posted. :)

I assumed the 718 was the size 7 1/8. I also saw the "0518" attached to widely different hats, so thought perhaps it might be some sort of reference to the felt type. But, all that speculation is probably for naught.

I'm wearing the hat as I type, and really, that's all that matters, isn't it?

Cheers, Ed H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner