Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve McQueen

Never thought the car chase in Bullitt was as great as its reputation - the usual claim is that it's the best chase on film. I'd have to put Hackman's run in French Connection over that, as well as Scheider's in The Seven Ups.

Best thing about Bullitt? The Lalo Schiffrin soundtrack. If you're looking for a copy, find the original - the FILM version was released by a Japanese label a few years back. A few years back, Schiffrin rerecorded the entire soundtrack with a new orchestra and it doesn't have the same feel. He slowed down a few numbers and the guitarist isn't nearly as good as the original session man.

I would have paid some good money for the sunglasses worn by Yaphet Koto in Thomas Crowne. Watching that pic when I was a kid, I thought 'That's my look!'

Regards,

Senator Jack

Hondo

One Too Many
I've never had the pleasure of seeing it on the BIG screen, must have been cool.

Thanks and yes sir it was great to see and hear, you could almost feel the Mustangs engine roar, shift through gears in theater, Watch how many hub caps fall off on the Dodge changer.

Senator Jack said:
Never thought the car chase in Bullitt was as great as its reputation - the usual claim is that it's the best chase on film. I'd have to put Hackman's run in French Connection over that, as well as Scheider's in The Seven Ups.

I have to agree just a little, guess its NY vs SF thing [huh] with regards to chase scenes, French Connection/The Seven Ups was awesome chase, but Bullitt is not far below in any rankings, the streets of San Francisco chase was also cool, I guess cause I lived in S.F. or the bay area at the time.
I must have gotten a poor DVD copy from Amazon.com :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR