Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Leather Jacket for 2012 Olympics?

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Well, it's the middle of July and today I'm wearing my alpaca lined Highwayman, so I suspect I will be come the 25th! The summer here in the UK has been nonexistant so far, but I'm reliably informed all will be well for the Olympics, yea right! :wink:

Edward

Bartender
It's been a near perfect Summer for me. I don't care for the heat. ;-)

As to the Olympics, they are naught but a glorified nonsense for those who never grew out of school sports day and need to be given a bauble for running a bit fast. I have no intention of permitting them to have any influence on my life whatever. At least where avoidable... Hoping the inconvenience to public transport is not too great. Furious at TFL for taking so much of my money for a season ticket then advising me to stay off the network for the guts of two months. Frankly, they can take that and remove themselves henceforth to another place while commiting an act of fornication. I'm wearing a Highwayman a lot these days. Love it.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Edward, in the case, just try not to think about how much tax they have ripped off from us just to glorify the other businessmen. You know most of the helpers are doing it for free (with a cheap set of Adidas uniform.....), plus all the money from ticket sales and sponsors.... And where will the profit go?

Umm, I guess I can still wear my Aero A-2 at night, but I don't like the humidity though, it has been quite wet this year, it's just unbelievable. My colleague told me that they had hail stones coming down last night, maybe I need a thicker Aero than the A-2.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
If I was going it would have to be the B3 I think, simply because the cold reception that the organisers plan for visitors is sure to take any heat out of the excitement.
McDonalds is the main food feature here, but I bet Boris wont treat any of his VIPs to that on taxpayers money, Who else can fiddle some money out of us? Oh yes Sebastian Coe, just because he is an ex Olympian he should be on the Athletes side, not sucking up to the organisers. Where are the tickets for the (younger)athletes parents Seb? You have given them to people not interested in sport, the big corporate companies that's where.
Oh, and dont forget a plastic mac, but maybe you wont be allowed to wear one unless it's bought from an official sponsor haha.
JohnnyT

Otter

One Too Many
Just don't get me started; Olympic Football ! I have to say that footballers realy are the pinnacle of the Olympic Ideal (Irony mode engaged), perhaps in the Olympic Tradition we could present them with Golden Fleeces.

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Could you make sure that these were trimmed in the finest Dodo leather and shaped to fit in the footwells of a Bentley continental!

D

Lear

One of the Regulars
Has rained almost every day this month. Many heavy downpours. Prediction is for rain until at least the end of July. Worn my FQHH Aero Veste for the last two weeks.

We are an island; tomorrow could be rain, snow or sun... or all three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97