Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sz 50 - XXL A-2 field-mod Korean War bloodchit painted back "Genuine Fake" - in UK

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Here we have as cool as it gets an Korean War USAAF A2-flight jacket XXL with a bloodchit painted back.

Of course its a genuine fake done with the best possible taste and some crazy collector will pay thousands for it off your back, but I still have some scruples. This has been hanging in my closet for ages, and as I don't wear it, I'm giving it a go.

It started its career as a molested 70's Avirex A-2 jacket and has had a waist and cuff change and a new talon zipper. The “field modified” mouton collar was a necessity as the original collar was totally disintegrated. It closes up, maybe not so nicely, but does the job.

There have been patches, the coloring is uneven (cuffs and waist don't match), and theres some cuts in the leather one nasty especially where the bloodchit is. Works fine from the distance. The Korean text and Chinese characters spelling also should be correct.

The jacket's “age” and "convincing" backstory is its been worn by a 40's veteran Asian theatre flyer who has been drafted back to flying spook flights in very early 1950... if you remember the “Tales of the Golden Monkey” this is more or less a 1958 version of Jake's "Flying Tigers" jacket - without sidewarmer pockets ;)

Oh and yes, I'm in the habit of removing all labels as I am itchy and the plastics and hard thread on labels does havoc with my other clothes, after a snagged and darn expensive angora jumper theres been no jacket labels.

Measurements: (I wear UK/US size 50L, and this fits me fine)
1. Chest from under arms 26 in
2. Waist 23 in – stretches to 25
3. Jacket length from bottom of collar 25 ½ in + 3 in wool cuff
4. Back top seam between shoulders 22.
5. Underarm sleeve length from armpit 19 in + 3 in wool cuff
6. Overarm sleeve length from shoulder epaulette 25 ½ in + 3 ½ in wool cuff

Please check the measurements and refer to the pictures. The description is as good as I can provide.

DSCF6228.jpg DSCF6229.jpg DSCF6230.jpg DSCF6231.jpg DSCF6232.jpg DSCF6233.jpg DSCF6234.jpg DSCF6235.jpg DSCF6236.jpg DSCF6237.jpg DSCF6238.jpg DSCF6239.jpg DSCF6240.jpg DSCF6241.jpg DSCF6242.jpg DSCF6243.jpg DSCF6244.jpg DSCF6245.jpg DSCF6246.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy