Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Commodore introduces himself

Drew B

One of the Regulars
Originally Posted by dhermann1
I wonder what ever happened to The Commodore. I doubt that he's been around much since those original postings. Too bad.
Edit: I just read that the former owner, aka The Commodore, passed away recently. That's really sad to hear. RIP, sir.

In a sad way, Im glad the Commodore wasn't around to see this. It would have destroyed him. From what I read here in this thread and the other few things about he poured a lot of time and money into that boat. It would have ended up part of his soul. To lose an old boat with such character is to lose a friend.

May both their souls find peace.

Drew B

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
I could be wrong...

dhermann1 said:
I wonder what ever happened to The Commodore. I doubt that he's been around much since those original postings. Too bad.
Edit: I just read that the former owner, aka The Commodore, passed away recently. That's really sad to hear. RIP, sir.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK15M8ILFDJNPZR

...but it appears that the person who died was the owner before the Commodore. I Googled Silver Swan, and a yacht site said the boat was in the middle of a overhaul and refit that was never finished. The Commodore mentions and shows the beginning of it earlier in this thread. Maybe the costs got to be too much. It happens.

kampkatz

Practically Family
The destruction of the Silver Swan was truly a tragedy. Watching the video was quite disturbing. Seems like not enough was done to save her from the wrecking ball.:(

Warbaby

One Too Many
I could only watch a few moments of the video - I can't bear wanton destruction. And I love vintage boats.

I think there's a lot more to this story and I'm really curious about the details we don't know. Time for some of our intrepid researchers to dig up the dirt...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24