Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The family wagon

GearHead

One of the Regulars
After restoring at least a dozen 60's Mustangs over the past 15 years I've decided to find something different to use for my weekend driver.
Since I now have three kids and the dog we always had to take two cars when I wanted to take one of the Mustangs.
So I was thinking of picking up an old wagon. I've been looking at the 57 Bel Air Wagons which would have plenty of room for everyone and nice styling.
I was looking at some of the late 50's Ford's as well since I know the mechanics on them better but they just don't have all that great styling to them. They look good but not great.
Can anyone make any others suggestions for family cruisers?

Thanks,
Erick

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Here's my 'family wagon'...

fromdisk528.jpg

Splittygarage.jpg

Maybe not quite the type of 'wagon' you're after though ;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pick up the latest Hemmings Classic Car magazine and they'll show you a wealth of American station wagons from all eras. One great one would be the Olds Vista Cruiser. Forget the tri- 5 Chevies overinflated prices. Also note that Ford always dominated the stationwagon market amking for lots of them still around.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Well the Nomads are extremely cool but way out of my price range.
That's why I was looking at the standard Bel Air model in a 4 door just for convience so you still get the same front end and rear fin look that the Nomad had in '57.
This is one I was looking at.

7d_1.JPG

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Friends have recently completey restored 57 4-door sedans. They both cost between $12-13,000 not including the purchase price of the vehicles. One was inherited so was "free."

As for basic prices versus condition on any special interest car back to 1946 start here for an idea http://www.vmrintl.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic