Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flathead Engineer Boots Black CXL Size 10.5

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

After days of debating with myself I have decided to part ways with my Flathead Engineers. I really wanted to make them work but the sizing is just not right for me - finding the right engineer has been discussed a lot and my very flat instep doesn't make it easier. They run 1 size larger than Brannock size and 1/2 bigger than Wesco, Whites, and Chippewa.

I purchased the boots new from Self Edge in NY. You can find all the technical specs here.
As you can see from the pictures they have been babied so far. I'd say they are probably barely broken in.

The leather is fantastic on these boots. I also have Attractions Engineers Lot 444 made from horsebutt which look great but the soft pliable CXL makes those super comfy as the shaft has started to collapse a bit.

While they are custom made for the Flathead the shape really reminds me of the John Lofgren engineers. Some folks even think they are made in the same factory in Japan.

Price new is $995 - selling for $650

Please ask any questions you might have (boots are in NYC).

Cheers,
Alex

Picture 1.jpg
Right4.jpg
Right2.jpg
Right1.jpg
Righ3.jpg
Left4.jpg
Left3.jpg
Left2.jpg
Left1.jpg

Forum statistics