Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Greatest Men's Dress Hat Article

Bungholio

New in Town
"http://blog.knotstandard.com/hats/".

Spoilers below:

I know very little about dress hats...but I don't even know where to begin, with this article.

The article is titled "Top 3 hats and How to Match them with your Suit", and it's not even the incorrect capitalization or poor grammar that's so laughable; it's that they list the three best dress hats to match with one's suits as a "tribly" (Oh, yes. They actually spelled it that way.), a flat-cap, and a beanie.

Here's a quote: "Hats, like good wine and best friends, never go out of style. Choosing the right hat to match your suit, though, is a skill most often left for connoisseurs to master. Hats can be stylish, on trend and add just the right amount of swag to any look – if you know what you’re doing. So we’ve taken the three most versatile hats of all time and paired them with their best looks to help you get it right.". This isn't just some blog. This is a fashion company.

This made my day.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to edit my first grumpy version of this post :)

Reading the article, I noticed, that it didn't mention or imply "dress hat" anywhere, and that "trilby" was misspelled, when used the fourth time - in a link, outside the article itself. I didn't particularly like the article, but I didn't find it worse than most of it's sort.

I really expected more relevance for a new thread, but unfortunately I stated that in a pretty grumpy tone. I apologize :)

Last edited:

Bungholio

New in Town
I'd like to edit my first grumpy version of this post :)

Reading the article, I noticed, that it didn't mention or imply "dress hat" anywhere, and that "trilby" was misspelled, when used the fourth time - in a link, outside the article itself. I didn't particularly like the article, but I didn't find it worse than most of it's sort.

I really expected more relevance for a new thread, but unfortunately I stated that in a pretty grumpy tone. I apologize :)

I'm referring to the large picture that accompanies each of the three recommendations. In it, the item is spelled out, and multiple images are shown. This is the image I'm referring to: "http://blog.knotstandard.com/assets/trilby_hat.jpg".

No hard feelings. I didn't get a chance to read what you wrote before you edited it.

We're all allowed to be grumpy, every now and then. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togs