Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(The Real) CiDu Leather

KBlake

One Too Many
Aliexpress is advertising an upcoming sale. If you are looking for a men's skirt this one looks interesting. I don't have a lot of men's skirts in my closet.

View attachment 368036

Back to leather jackets, I have a few to show.

This first one is a leather aviator's vest, according to the description, made by Cidu. I think it's decent, and distinctive. I think Freewheelers had something in this pattern, and I've seen canvas and leather versions. It's surprisingly warm, has a bunch of pockets, the only thing I don't like about it is the main zipper is a lefty. Lefty zippers are the bane of my existence.
img_20211009_190319_4-jpg.368040

img_20211009_190328_6-jpg.368041

The Type I is a Cidu, and if anyone's interested in it, it's an XXL, fits like a 42/Large. It's still got the tags, perfect condition, and I'd take $200 for it, and it's worth that. It's fine, but I don't feel like I'm a Type I kind of guy after all. I like pockets.
img_20211009_190408_1-jpg.368042

img_20211009_190417_6-jpg.368037

This is a hybrid of a Type II and Type III made by Pineal Jet. It has hand warmers, one chest pocket, in kind-of a Type III style, and front pleats like a Type II. It's a bit heavier than the Type I but the same color, probably same leather tannage, but just a nicer piece or a nicer batch. Fits well, comfortable, looks good. The buttons say "HORSE HIDE" but I'm not going to take it to a DNA lab to find out.

img_20211009_190455_9-jpg.368038

img_20211009_190501_1-jpg.368039

The white balance on my phone camera makes the contrast stitching look white in a few of these, but it's actually yellow-orange, same color as on the button hole stitching, which came through somehow.

These are not in the same league as Freewheelers (and I haven't handled Flat Head, RMC, Fine Creek/High Large, etc. to compare directly, but they're obviously not going to be on that level.) But I think they offer a good value. For 10x more you can get a better jacket, but I don't know that I'd say that you're getting a 10x better jacket. Some people would rather wear a jacket that they won't cry about if something happens to it because it cost a couple of car payments.

I also really like the look of this two-tone leather Lee 101 storm rider clone. But then they've got Theodoros selling a canvas-and-leather B-3 for them at this same store, so I gotta draw the line now.
Hey there, if you are still looking to sell that Type I I’m interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner