Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Twentieth Century Blues Cocktail - For Gatsby 2009

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Loungers,

A week and a half ago, Miss 1929 and I were in her kitchen trying to put together a cocktail to commemorate Gatsby 2009. Being one of the two Bishops of Booze (A title given to me, I assure you as I am fascinated mixologist by the chemistry of cocktails.) I decided to whip something up for her. Her requirement was that it be blue and use the curacao that she had. The goal was that I create the cocktail, we would try it and she would name it.

And alas, The Twentieth Century Blues Cocktail was born.

The Twentieth Century Blues Cocktail:

- 1 1/2 oz Gin (Plymouth Preferred)
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Blue Curacao (Marie Brizzard Preferred)
- 1/4 oz Dry Vermouth

By now, Gatsby has come to a close and the Dunsmuir house has folks leaving. Most are headed towards Ann and Joe's place for the yearly after party. Magneto and I wish that we could go. But due to being in the Bay Area a week before for a death in the family...we just couldn't afford it.

Therefore, I submit to you folks, my contribution for Gatsby 2009. I hope everyone had a wonderful time.

All our best,

FedoraGent and Magneto

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Minor correction!

It is not Curacao I have, but "Parfait D'Amour", which is VIOLET and bitter orange flavor!
And a better shade of blue.

Still have not had a moment to really sit down and do the cocktail - this weekend I promise!

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
And just like that, a new Classic cocktail?
Wow. Of course, after experiencing your mixing, I'm not surprised, just a continuation of being impressed!

Sounds like a fabulous drink. I haven't got the makings (I don't really entertain here in Oregon) but will perhaps try to make it happen the next time I'm in the Bay area!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
It is not Curacao I have, but "Parfait D'Amour", which is VIOLET and bitter orange flavor!
And a better shade of blue.

Still have not had a moment to really sit down and do the cocktail - this weekend I promise!

ahhh this makes much more sense...

if it was curacao....it would be a 'blue lady with some vermouth'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails