Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Women"

Joan

New in Town
Yeah, I love The Women, too, and not just for the snappy dialogue, which is extremely entertaining. I just loved some of the period-specific scenes, like exercising in the figure salon. And Margaret Dumont is in it. :D Somehow, I can't get excited about any of these current stars. [huh]

As for remakes in general: I agree that it's usually best to leave well enough alone. As Feraud mentioned, though, the Humphrey Bogart version of The Maltese Falcon is the third version of that; I have a DVD right here with the first two but haven't watched it (them) yet. Sometimes you need a redo, but mostly you need a re-don't. Somebody did a frame-for-frame remake of Psycho a few years ago; why? I suspect the answer is that only a handful of people in Hollywood are capable of doing anything original.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Feraud -- that was probably it, I may have read an older site on the Internet.

I think so, because I recall that Nicole Kidman's name was in it.

What was that like, I am afraid to ask?

karol

Feraud

Bartender
Speaking of remakes, A Perfect Murder is a remake of Hitchcock's Dial M for Murder and an entertaining one at that. This from a guy who thinks Gwyneth Palthrow has the acting abilities of a stoned surfer girl.
[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran