Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking of a roller ball

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I have a Visconti Opera Club ballpoint. Used to have fountain pens but my writing is done in spurts, short notes like in court, or making phone notes, or making a quick bank deposit or maybe notes in the bulletin at church. That's about it. The Opera Club has the ribbed feel to it, all black. Use Schmidt's Parker-type refills.

Been thinking Id like to go the Van Gogh or Rembrandt in a roller. I see there is this Eco-Roller thing and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on either the Van Gogh or the Rembrandt and then eco-roller. Id like a body at least as wide as the Opera club, and the thing about the Van Gogh is I might be able to find one in the Maxi. A lso, if you know of a great price on either pen, please direct me, even by PM

And you may suggest that I just keep the Opera Club and use some sort of gel pen refill rather than the Schmidts. The Schmidt one I have in now is kinda scratchy and can if not used in a while fail to start quickly.

I do like the opening/uncapping of the Viscontis and if there was a deal, I am fine with say a regular rollerball. I dont like fussiness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred