Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

todays flea market finds: early bicycle lamp and prison cell key?

green papaya

One Too Many
799507e1.jpg

left side view of antique bicycle carbide head lamp

908f7878.jpg

right side view of carbide lamp

9724b0d5.jpg

antique jail cell key from the 1850's - 1870's era

585b583a.jpg

size of key is around 4.80 inches long

here is what I picked up this morning on my antiques search at the flea market

the first pictures are of an early carbide bicycle head lamp, I was told it's from the 1890's early 1900's turn of the century

and the second pics are of an old iron skeleton / jail cell key? it's large and heavy old key, do you think it's an old west jail cell key?
the seller said it's probably 1850's - 1870's era

antique bicycle head light = $5.78

old key = $8.00

:)

dr greg

One Too Many
spooky

I always know when something is 'calling me', I'll just get a feeling to go to a particular junk shop or market, and something will be there. I got the call down in Sydney for a funeral two weeks ago, left the wake, went for a drive in the howling wind and rain against all counsel, and found a smelly little shop in a backstreet, a damn near brand new pair of RM Williams Bushman boots..exactly and I mean EXACTLY my size: 15 bux...
There are higher powers when your quest is true.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
dr greg said:
I always know when something is 'calling me', I'll just get a feeling to go to a particular junk shop or market, and something will be there. I got the call down in Sydney for a funeral two weeks ago, left the wake, went for a drive in the howling wind and rain against all counsel, and found a smelly little shop in a backstreet, a damn near brand new pair of RM Williams Bushman boots..exactly and I mean EXACTLY my size: 15 bux...
There are higher powers when your quest is true.

You are so right! I always follow those instincts and I always make out by doing so. I was looking for a new watch recently, and I just happened upon a nice Bulova at my favorite shop for a mere $50. Looked online to see if it's still a style they make but couldn't find it. Others that were similar cost $250 to $350. :D

green papaya

One Too Many
bronze presidential inauguration medallion?

IM001390.jpg

IM001386.jpg

I also picked up this huge bronze medallion

has "Franklin - Delano - Roosevelt - President of The United States"

on one side

and "Inaugurated March 4 - 1933"

on the other side with an American eagle

it's thick and heavy, made of solid bronze and measures around 3" inches in width, shown pictured with a US quarter for size comparison

cost was $5.00

green papaya

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Was it issued by the U.S. mint?

hhhmm? I dont really know, the guy selling it said these may have been handed out to voters or supporters during the time of the presidents inauguration back in 1933

since it was only $5.00 I picked it up for fun, it makes a nice paper weight or conversation piece, plus it's made of solid bronze, it looks interesting, well made.

:)

green papaya

One Too Many
early carbide lamps for bicycles

lamp1.jpg

I just found this photo of a German carbide lamp circa 1910, and it looks very similiar to the one I have, I think mine may have been mfg. by the same company, judging by the looks of this model.

799507e1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy