Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tucker and Tucker vintage 7 1/2

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Here we have a very nice older hat, in very good condition for its age. It doesn't have a size tag but fits like a 7 1/2. It's a deep chocolate color with a 2 3/8 bound brim. $100 gets it shipped via economy USPS to CONUS:

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

BigFitz

Practically Family
Oh drat! I would have gone for 80. You step away from the forum for a few hours and look what happens. :) Anyway, congrats to the new owner. :eusa_clap. Blackthorn, I've noticed you've been selling off a few and that your measurement of 23 1/4" is identical to mine. If you have something similar you're thinking of parting with for around the same money, I'm definitely interested. Good luck on the rest of your sales.

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Oh drat! I would have gone for 80. You step away from the forum for a few hours and look what happens. :) Anyway, congrats to the new owner. :eusa_clap. Blackthorn, I've noticed you've been selling off a few and that your measurement of 23 1/4" is identical to mine. If you have something similar you're thinking of parting with for around the same money, I'm definitely interested. Good luck on the rest of your sales.
Thanks BigFitz, our head measurement is exactly the same, but remember that one reason I'm parting with these is that they are true to size, and a 7 1/2 is just a bit too loose for me. If you like them that way, then I do have another nice hat for the same price here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?73395-Lock-and-Co-hat-from-England

BigFitz

Practically Family
That is a nice one however I was looking for brown with a wider brim. Do you find a 59 a better fit, or is there stretching involved? I only have one hat and it's a 60. It is loose as well, but thought it may be the make as opposed to the size.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
That is a nice one however I was looking for brown with a wider brim. Do you find a 59 a better fit, or is there stretching involved? I only have one hat and it's a 60. It is loose as well, but thought it may be the make as opposed to the size.
I have learned to buy a 59 and stretch it with an Art Fawcett hat band block. I'm closer to the 59 than the 60, so that has turned out to be better for me. I understand about the brown hat and wider brim. I'm the same way, and I have a nice collection of them, which I'm keeping. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy