Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unique Aero A2 flying jacket for sale...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm sure I'll live to regret this, but having just secured that original major's A2 and finding that I'm veering more towards originals, I'm offering up this unique repro Aero 1942 model A2 in oil pulled vintage HH.

Damn this is hard! but needs must...

I got this A2 straight off Ken Calder, one of the directors of Aero Leather. It was the first of a handfull of oil pulled HH A2s that Aero were trying out, so it's very unique from that stance. Ken maintains that 'this one' is the finest/authentically aged A2 in the oil pull that he has produced.

WARNING..!!!! :shock: This is NOT for those folk who want a shiney all-new looking QM issue jacket as issued to green aircrew. HOWEVER, if you love that jacket with the 50 mission, 1000 yard stare, I've been there look....then look no further!

It has the 'real deal' combination of smooth and great jerky 3oz HH that has popped up to perfection, with perfect rust knits. Sized as a snuggy 42, I am a 40 and it fits comfortably (I'm 5'8 1/2") and 32" waist.

Ditch the rust knits, and you could see McQueen wearing this in THE GREAT ESCAPE or THE WAR LOVER, with it's veteran broken in look. The faded painted leather 8th AAF decal and old leather Lt's bars on the shoulders just adds character to it.

People could be forgiven to think this was your grand-pappy's jacket from his flying days in the ETO, it looks that good. The last pic of me at Thorpe Abbotts Field in Norfolk UK, home of the Bloody 100th, the jacket drew loads of admiring comments from staff and visitors, as well it should! But I appreciate if some folk don't feel drawn to that veteran flyer look.

Anyway chaps, If interested, please email me at my personal box:

paddy_middleton@hotmail.com

ONE REQUEST...if you do remove the name-tag, could you fire it back to me as I am quite attached to it, but am not prepared to remove it from the jacket, cheers.

Further pics at: http://photos.yahoo.com/paddy_middleton2002

AeroCloseups002.jpg

NORMANDY-BEACHES2035.jpg
[/img]

AeroOilPullA2012.jpg

[/img]
Suffolk_vacation006.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Aero oil-pull HH A-2 flight jacket put to bed.

THIS vintage WWII look baby has now been put to bed for the winter as sadly there were no takers. Maybe the fashion is for 'newer' looking jackets at the moment...? [huh] :cheers1:

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Paddy, She's a beauty of an A-2! I just read this listing now...if only I had seen it earlier. Oh, well. I've ordered an Aero repro 1942 real deal and am looking forward to it. If it ever gets here.... ;) I'm sure you'll find a good home for that jacket. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou