Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/LeftField Commando Gold edition CXL teacore - medium

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
SOLD

This jacket is so damn nice, I bought it twice. Weird chain of events happened where two fell in my lap at about the same time and as I was searching for a simplified, teacore D pocket and getting really frustrated, I guess I wanted to corner the market LOL.

Very simple design. No belt, no epaulettes, no visible collar/lapel snaps, no action back, but does have shoulder gussets. Clean silhouette. Horween horse CXL black, very thin top coat, with brown under coat. This jacket has been worn minimally and you can already see brown peaking through in various spots. Thinner CXL yet substantial. Super comfortable and pliable. Like I said, when I got my hands on one I was like this is the ultimate jacket and I want to make sure I have a back up LOL.

Only 20 were made in each size. As I understand will cost you about $2000 to have Vanson make one to these specs. New they sold for $1600 plus tax. They run big. Medium is more like a 40-42. I think even a 38 could fit if you were looking to layer.

I'm keeping the other which is a little bit more beat up. But my greediness to keep both is just silly and this one deserves to be out in the wild especially since I recently tracked down a Ridley and have a LL Lighting coming.

Lots of info and better pics here: https://leftfieldnyc.com/products/gold-standard-commando

Also, I took a pick of the male side zipper. There's a notch in it at the bottom. I thought when I bought the first one it was first signs of fraying, but then my second one also has the same notch. Not sure if it's just part of the double zipper design? Everything is rock solid, but full disclosure and all.

$950 PPFF Conus Shipping Included

X9gfBjq.jpg
8rZayRf.jpg
JtefG7b.jpg
kpGIPL7.jpg
dBEazDI.jpg
a6Chn1c.jpg

HZkYmk5.jpg

Fit pic, 6'0 185-188 lbs

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
This one sold quickly. Amazing jacket. If you ever see one, grab it. I know Vanson is more synonymous with being more of an utilitarian type jacket, but this one is really fashion forward. The leather is amazing and I wish all CXL was like this as it's not stiff at all but still has all the great color traits.

Cognoscente

One of the Regulars
Gotta love when you’re sold on a jacket based on pics of it strewn upon concrete. Now, that’s a Vanson advertisement! I’m really looking forward to this one. Thank you too for the link to the original listing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner