Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Borsalino, 5x beaver, for big heads

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Here is a nice vintage Borsalino that Paul's Hat Works said is between a 7 1/2 and 7 5/8. Anyhow it's too big for me, so here's a nice vintage hat for you larger heads. Brim is 2 3/4, crown (as creased here) is 5 inches at the highest, and 4 3/4 at the lowest. As you can see, there's a light spot on the under side of the brim in back, not unusual in an older hat. $150 gets it economy shipped to CONUS.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0895.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

and here's the light spot on the underside of the brim:
IMG_0178.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Very nice find for the larger noggin... XXXXX indicated quality, but not beaver felt. I believe they went up to XXXXXX.

Interesting, I didn't know that. The felt is like velvet, so I assumed it meant beaver. It has the feel of an Art Fawcett hat, to my fingers.

makitright

One of the Regulars
I cannot PM you directly - a relative new comer to the site with very few posts. I am interested in this hat but I am exactly a 7 5/8". Can you send me an email at bjohnson (at sign) videotron (dot) ca

if it is close I will take a chance.

Thanks,
Bill

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I cannot PM you directly - a relative new comer to the site with very few posts. I am interested in this hat but I am exactly a 7 5/8". Can you send me an email at bjohnson (at sign) videotron (dot) ca

if it is close I will take a chance.

Thanks,
Bill
Email sent, Bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails