Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Christmas Decor

Trickeration

Practically Family
Hey there,
Well, some of the girls here were asking about my vintage Christmas decorations so I decided I'd display some of them here in the Display Case. We do our tree with mostly vintage ornaments ( 40's and 50's ) plus a handleful of modern ones that have sentimental value. We also have a vintage tree skirt and use lead tinsel, which I think hangs nicer than plastic. We don't have much on the tree this year because my daughter didn't want the other decorations too hidden. What I did put on the tree took over an hour because you have to smooth out each strand before you hang it. It's a real pain to put on, but it's worth it.

pict13762xk.jpg

Here's our tree skirt
pict13000yb.jpg

The ceramic parakeet was one of my grandmother's favorites, and glass bird was one of my mom's...
pict12979mt.jpg

The reindeer actually has a stand, but to keep it safe I hang it up. It was never Christmas until this ornament came out. The star is very old. It was in my grandmothers family forever, brought here from Europe in the early 1900's.
pict12987zr.jpg

This was made by my mother-in-law several years ago. She recently gave it to us. Friends often ask if it's hard to keep from prying pieces off. Well, yes, it is. ;)
pict14324mo.jpg

Okay, here's the last couple pics...A closer shot of the tree, and my favorite vintage ornament boxes...
pict14368xu.jpg

pict12929kp.jpg

Well, thanks for letting me share. This is just some of our collection. I have lots of the little pinecone elves, ceramic figures, and a few 20's/30's era light covers with cartoons on them, too, among other things.

Does anyone else here have vintage Christmas stuff? I'd love to see what other people have in their collections, too. Please post! Merry Christmas! Trix

Vintage xmas ornaments

We used to have some larger shaped glass bulbs from my dad's mother. Also when they outlawed LEAD tinsel we saved and re-used the stuff we had for many years, but eventually ran out.

I really loved the Bubbler lights and the old painted lights!

Sincerely,

john in Covina

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Looks great! Thank you for sharing. Reminds me of the ornaments that my folks have. A lot of their stuff was ornaments from the late 40's early 50's that they acquired over the years and now have them stored away for safe keeping. I think I may have to do a little rummaging soon.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo