Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Mens Toiletry Kit

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
mens_toiletry_kit.jpg

I picked this up in Oregon. It looks unused. I am not sure what all the little containers are for but it looks very gentlemanly.

Want to take a shot at it? What are they for?

Williamson

New in Town
Great item........

Quite a nice item to add to your collection. These were travel kits and many of them were configured the same way. Some can be found to contain compartments for nail clippers, files, combs, scissors clothes brush, shoe brush, etc.... From what I have seen over the years, most of them were made from the same type of celluloid material. My wife has one (circa 1925-1935 that is a green shade of celluloid. It has the same type of containers only there are a lot more of them. Guess they new that women packed a lot more "stuff" than the gentlemen do. Good find! Williamson

Imahomer

Practically Family
Very cool. I have a similar one that was I obtained from the estate of a former ball player. It was pretty special for me as the ball player was a family friend. Anyway, if you can't I.D. some of the containers I can probably help.

dostacos

Practically Family
MK said:
mens_toiletry_kit.jpg

I picked this up in Oregon. It looks unused. I am not sure what all the little containers are for but it looks very gentlemanly.

Want to take a shot at it? What are they for?

I agree, soap, razor, toothbrush, maybe toothpaste and there look to be two leather straps that are empty, one maybe a fingernail clipper, the other a metal fingernail file

Kishtu

Practically Family
I'm going to take an educated guess, as it's quite a similar design to my ladies' one, that the space where you have the photo should hold a small shaving mirror?

Unless guys have the enviable ability to not need mirrors to perform their ablutions.....;)

these things are invariant.

The space that is crrently holding a picture of a woman would have held a mirror.

The long red container is for your toothbrush.

Beside that there is a little leather loop that was to hold your razor blades.

The lotion bottle is probably for cologne or hair tretment (if an oil).

The three other containers are for your razor, your soap and most likely toothpaste (the longer, thinner one)

My kit is identical.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany