Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted an AERO, got a DOUBLE HELIX 1930 style

sshack

A-List Customer
Congrats again. Your jacket posting made me to take another look at this jacket last night. Haha.
I made a mistake thinking there was just one denim color, but its actually darker navy custom spec’ed by your local retailer. Which I think is a really nice. I believe the darker navy is dyed through and not white core, not sure I just couldn’t find any evolve pics. Can’t wait to see this some update pics when the weather gets a bit warmer.
Both versions of the blue leather have a white core. They both have a very Japanese "bouncy" feeling. I say "Japanese" because I've often heard this description by Tokyo store owners when describing high quality leather. The turquoise swatch I have is thicker and seems like it will be harder to develop wrinkles. That's just from going off my swatches... which may not represent actual thickness.

Attachments

• 20240411_074110.jpg
    20240411_074110.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240411_074104.jpg
    20240411_074104.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Both versions of the blue leather have a white core. They both have a very Japanese "bouncy" feeling. I say "Japanese" because I've often heard this description by Tokyo store owners when describing high quality leather. The turquoise swatch I have is thicker and seems like it will be harder to develop wrinkles. That's just from going off my swatches... which may not represent actual thickness.
That is pretty cool. The navy one is also white core interesting. I am still undecided on the style to pair with these denim leather. Either a deal pops up on the used market or most likely I'd have to go custom order...

sshack

A-List Customer
@jr30 This jacket looks great on you. I may get one myself (in a different color).

Visually, the fit looks very nice. How does it FEEL? Is it tiring to wear for an extended time? Can you move and bend reasonably? Have you driven a car with it on? Thanks!

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It’s pretty good. The leather is thick but very pliable. If you’re going custom the only thing I would suggest is ask them to use a regular Waldes zipper, like the one they used on the Raiders jacket
IMG_1133.jpeg

The Hugging Curve came with Hookless zipper and that zipper design is a bit too finicky for daily use.

jr30

Familiar Face
@jr30 This jacket looks great on you. I may get one myself (in a different color).

Visually, the fit looks very nice. How does it FEEL? Is it tiring to wear for an extended time? Can you move and bend reasonably? Have you driven a car with it on? Thanks!
Hello

Sorry for my late reply, I was on vacation, deliberately without a mobile device ;)

I've only had the blue DH for a short time, but it's fantastic to wear. I actually come from the "Aero faction" with heavy HH leathers, but this HH jacket from DH feels soft. The only thing...the jacket should only be cut tighter at the hips. After correspondence with @58panheadfan (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/double-helix-works.106511/page-6#post-3057721), I hammered in a fold on the side so that the DH now fits a little tighter at the bottom/hem. My DH is worn too rarely, I don't see any white core layer showing on the surface yet. But hopefully soon! Even without these signs, I was approached several times about the beautiful blue.

In my normal everyday life I wear the jacket unnoticed. When driving a car, sitting, shopping and in the evening at the bar/restaurant, sometimes I forget that I'm wearing a leather jacket made from HH. This has never happened to me with my Aero's, although I also have one from lighter and softer Vicenza HH.

As others have noted, the zip is not my first choice, too fiddly. The rest is 1A. Get a look at my body measurements in the starting post. I also tried the jacket a size smaller, but the sleeves were too short. The larger one is more comfortable to wear and there is also room for a thin sweater underneath.

For a pure classic T-shirt look with a leather jacket, I would prefer a tighter fit, despite my weight :)

Regards, Roman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner