Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Water of Life?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Anyone here had the opportunity to sip some Douglas Fir Eau de Vie from Clear Creek Distillery out of Portland, Oregon? I ordered a bottle, assuming it was the usual size of 750 ml., but it's only a PINT! :eek: For 50 bucks! :eek:
So I haven't opened it yet. Waiting for a worthy occasion. What can I expect?

rumblefish

One Too Many
No but I've been eyeballing that one. I'd bet I'd like it. It would probably remind walking in the woods. Have you've been given any suggestions how to serve? I think chilled and neat might do it.

I'd like to know what you think of it, please tell us once you've had a try. :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Special Occasion Coming Up

My 49th b-day on the 1st. Geesie, that NYT article is what drove me to order it in the first place. The power of journalism!

Chilled and neat it will be.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Yowzers!

My powers of description will never do. Best to try a snort yourselves. I sipped about an ounce over the course of a half-hour while reclined in a natural hot spring in SE Oregon, 20 degrees outside, 105 degrees in the water. How to describe the Eau de Vie? A walk in the woods is too tame, unless you're blindfolded, naked, and keeping an ear out for predators. This concoction keeps unfurling on the palate, reaching out and touching all the synapses in your head, it seems, while never betraying its fidelity to the mighty Douglas Fir. Fabulous liquid.

More tonight, perhaps: I'm still 49, after all!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Again?

Yes, I will definitely replace this bottle when it's empty, which may be awhile: just too intense for casual snorts. Catching the whiff of it in a snifter is almost enough. But then the flavor, Holy Liqueur, Batman!. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred