Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boss Black Tie Domain Boots 12D

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
For sale is a Brand-New Pair of Wesco Boss Engineer Boots, the highly special Black Tie Domain model in a popular size of 12D (Medium width). I picked these off the Wesco Sale page about 3 weeks back, and they are wonderful boots, however they are too small for me. These boots were only carried outside to take photos of them. They have never been worn outside my house. There is a small mark in the rear of both boots noticeable in the photos due to the shoe trees I put into them to maintain the shape. I have tried them on several times, but for the reasons listed below, they just do not fit me, so letting them go for what I have in them:

Link to Wesco Boss Homepage:
https://www.wescoboots.com/wescodotnet/StockBoot.aspx?id=Boss
(A new pair from Wesco will set you back $632)

Asking $395 + shipping in CONUS

International shipping will be actual shipping cost.

The gritty details of fit:
These Boots have the MP Toe, which is slight lower and narrower than the standard Boss toe. These are not Steel or Composite toe boots. What I find is that my left foot, which is slightly longer than my right, hits Both the top and tip of the toes in these boots. I am typically an 11.5 to 12 in boots and a D width. So it was a big surprise when my toe hit the end of these boots. I suggest if you wear more than 11 or maybe 11.5, these will be too tight for you too.

Also, these had a small flaw with the left side sole which appears to have been cut unevenly (see photos). This causes the left boot to sit a bit unevenly. This does not seem to be an issue and does not affect the fit issue I have.

I am not able to return Sale boots to Wesco due to their company policy, I have discussed it with them already.

Here is what they look like:
DSC_0273.JPG
DSC_0277.JPG
DSC_0279.JPG
DSC_0283.JPG
DSC_0285.JPG
DSC_0282.JPG DSC_0284.JPG
DSC_0281.JPG

Last edited:

MET

A-List Customer
What size do you normally wear? I wear 11.5EE and have a little high instep. Would they be a good fit?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
MET - these will be too narrow for you. I typically wear 11.5 - 12D and they are short (due to the toe as mentioned) and the boot itself runs a bit narrow.

Reactions: MET

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Also, I meant to say $395 includes shipping for CONUS customers!

These will go to ebay this evening as well

MET

A-List Customer
MET - these will be too narrow for you. I typically wear 11.5 - 12D and they are short (due to the toe as mentioned) and the boot itself runs a bit narrow.

Thanks for the reply. A Wesco is in my buy list. But I have never owned a Wesco and have no experience about the sizing.

Good luck with the sale.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
This was my first pair of Wesco's. The standard Boss has a standard toe and probably would fit fine (normally) however this one is quite different. I hope to order a 12.5 D of the same thing if these sell....

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I am indeed a big fan of how they look and, for the most part, how they feel. If only I could stretch them..... :eek:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well, I did try these Mr Lou's, found the fit to be much more suited to my feet, however the "walk" of the boot was not. I actually have no Engineer boots at all presently:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran