Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do our hats really say about us, and more importantly, are they right?

Everywhere I go, I'm 'the guy in the hat.' Most of the time, it's compliments, even if it's of the more modern style.

I was at the bar over the weekend and a guy stopped me and goes, "Your hats really gangster, you got that Al Capone thing going on." I suppose it's a compliment as most people think of the guy as an American hero lol

jwalls

Vendor
I went in to a pub which I frequent here in Las Vegas and the waitress, who has seen me once or twice a week for over 2 years, said "OMG you've got hair!"

job

One Too Many
This past Sunday a man tells me I got this Blues Brothers thing going on. Wearing this.
th_DSCN0313-1-1.jpg

A Adam fuzzy wool walking hat. Whatever.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
I wear hats because I live in New Mexico and they provide needed protection from the sun. I mostly wear Western hats, or hats with wider brims. As for what folks think, I am too damn old to care what anyone thinks!

I like wearing fedoras because they remind me of an earlier time, and of my father as a young man. I was thinking about that the other day, and asked him why he stopped wearing fedoras. (He is now 86, and would not think of leaving the house without some kind of a hat.) He stopped and thought about it and said, "I think they stopped making them - didn't they?" Then he shrugged and kinda grinned. He's a hoot.;)

William Stratford

A-List Customer
It keeps me warm in the winter, dry in the rain, cool in the summer, is a part of my love of things of a more distant age and is part of how adults should dress. :)

Oh, and I look pretty good in them as well, apparently. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner