Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you keep your makeup in at home.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tourbillion said:
I guess I have more stuff than everyone else.

I constantly struggle to get rid of whatever I don't use. I hate digging through stuff I don't use to find what I do use! Plus, that allows me to buy new stuff without a guilty conscience!

Nashoba

One Too Many
jitterbugdoll said:
I always do my nails at my computer desk--I think I have about five bottles sitting there right now. I always put it away, and then almost immediately drag it out again :)

I also keep most of my brushes in a vintage spooner that sits on the sink.

I never even do my nails anymore. I work with my hands too much between my baskets and sewing that I'm contstantly screwing up the polish. Thank heaven for gloves.
nash

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hmm. I've got a 40s vanity case that currently has all my hair doodahs, bought-too-many-buyonefree-deals-facial creams, body lotions, perfumes, nail varnishes, and oh, that would be more perfumes then! All facial makeups are in a freebie wrap thing from InStyle (honestly, it's the best thing ever). Spare hair mousses, waxing strips, manicure sets, personal hygiene, epilators, spare glasses, etc, all go in a small 1930s wardrobe along with all my vintage underwear, nightwear, evening bags, compacts, empty pots for cold cream, and a couple of hats. The aim is to use up all the surplus so that my entire "makeup and personal grooming" items are in the 40s vanity. How much does a girl need after all! :D

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I have a red leather make-up train carrier that sits on the back of my toilet for all of my goodies. I love to buy make up but rarely wear any of it. Just too busy! Which is terribly naughty of me, because we all deserve to be well groomed and well-dressed.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I have wanted a antique vanity table forever.

I keep my make-up for my business in a red leather train case also. My personal make-up is in a drawer that has some plastic dividers in it & perfumes are on a antique vanity mirror on top of a small antique table in the bathroom with some other toiletry items on top of it.

Brooksie

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I keep most of my everyday stuff in a vintage train case. The makeup tray was missing when I got it, but I found a nice organizer that fits inside at the local discount store. Some of my other grooming stuff is in a basket in the bathroom closet and my everyday hair care stuff hangs just inside the closet on hooks and racks. I really, really want an Art Deco vanity and I'm always keeping a eye out for one. I saw one in mint condition at a local antique mall for only $130 and at the time I thought that was a lot of money and hoped it would be marked down. Sadly, I learned too late, that was a very good price and someone else snatched it up before I did. :(

I'm blind without my glasses and having a vanity with a mirror wouldn't be as practical, but I figured I'd get one of those vintage mirrors on a stand so I could move it closer where I could actually see myself. Some day I'll get my vanity, until then I'll just keep on dreaming....

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ooh, makeup!

I have about a thousand lipsticks. Really. If not more. Perfume, nail polish, 20+ bottles of foundation including COTY which has been discontinued for years, I just opened the package...I store it all in shoeboxes under the bed, in a child-sized desk in the hall, in train cases on the bathroom floor, in the sink that doesn't work in the bathroom (piled into about 20 makeup bags), pencils go in mugs on the commode, hair junk is precariously perched on the floor between the sink base and the john, or in boxes on shelves in the linen closet, lipsticks can be found in boxes in the sewing room. Whew. I just purchased something I've wanted since I was a child: a 1930s vanity! It is in the living room, so no makeup is stored in it yet. :)
Ashley

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol I'm glad I'm not the only make-up collector! There's no way I'd let the mister see my make-up drawer...it's kind of ridiculous with all the shades of lipsticks, eyeshadows, ect., especially since I razz him all the time about his car parts collection...although, my 'habit' is a whole lot cheaper!;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Rosie said:
I know this is off topic but what in the world is it with bobby pins? lol Whenever I sweep, like every other day, I find LOADS of them on the floors. And about every three months, I have to buy new ones because I've lost them all, they don't even turn up in the sweeping.

I have exactly this problem! Where do they go?? Mine don't turn up on the floor, they just disappear. Presumably to the same place pony tail bands and single socks go!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I have a 1950s kidney-formed vanity full of stuff, plus a little black and pink vanity case, plus several tin-boxes for my hair-stuff and guess what.... I still is too much and I have make up and hair-rollers all over my vanity table *sigh* I threw away a lot of stuff, but there is so much that makes me think "I can still use this and that for a shooting" I´m a bad case...

Faye Valentine

Rosie said:
I know this is off topic but what in the world is it with bobby pins? lol Whenever I sweep, like every other day, I find LOADS of them on the floors. And about every three months, I have to buy new ones because I've lost them all, they don't even turn up in the sweeping.

Haha! I bought probably about 5 pounds of bobby pins on ebay just because I know I always lose them. But just like you, I find them on the floor everywhere! Even at my boyfriend's house! Sometimes, I'll accidentally leave my bobby pins at my house while I'm at his so I'm in desparate need of them. And even though he cleans his room quite often, I'm always able to crawl around and find 4 or 5 to fix my hair just right. :eusa_clap yay for sneaky bobby pins! (they especially like to hide under the 2 sliding doors of his closet...)

crystalface

One of the Regulars
I used to have all my makeup cluttered onto a single shelf in my VERY small bathroom. I was browsing sites one day and came across of a photo of someone' vanity. I thought for a second and realized that the desk I have in my room is very vintage looking (it's fakie 70's repro desk in 14th century french furniture styles. complete with fiber board. pfft.) and since I don't use it as a desk, and its only full of clutter. (Hmmm keyword: clutter. I wonder if I am at all a packrat?)

Anyway, I thought about this idea for two days (because I was working alot and didn't havethe time to actually do it) and finally went home and moved all my make up and hair things to the desk, completely got rid of the desk junk, and cleaned my bathroom shelves. :eek:

It looks really nice, and I just lay out all of my make up on the top of it, along with my hair products. I keep my jewelry in a drawer, my hair appliances in the larger drawer, and my hair brush and thingies in another drawer.
:D

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
SINGLE SOCKS! And it's always the left foot.....And I love how my boyfriend finds a random bobby pin and gives it back to me like I've lost a valuable piece of family jewelry, if the gents only knew...

I keep my cosmetics in sectioned basket--this one has four compartments--one for skin stuff, one for eyeshadows, one for mascara and the like, and the last for lips. It works well, everything's separated yet classified..for this is an *exact* science, of course.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy