Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
SBG,Your felts are incredible. You have found some awesome lids.

Thanks sir. Like many others experience, the longer I look the better my luck has been. Patience, persistence and planning are vtg hat virtues. They promote prodigious performance. ;) (I was taught in Engineering school the "6 P's": Prior proper planning promotes prodigious performance. It is hard not to roll the "P's" off my tongue. )

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Everybody's looking great for a Sunday. I really haven't been out and anywhere today, so no pics of hats. I have, however, been puttering about the hat room cleaning hats, boxing hats, repaired a Dalton box Miamibruno found for me, tightened up a loose ribbon on a hat I got in the mail yesterday, etc. I've had a few of them on my head but again, no pix.

I have a few I haven't had a chance to break out yet, plus two in the mail to be delivered next week. I'm behind getting some of my new finds out for public viewing. I'll rectify that in the next few days.

A few loungers have also been very gracious and generous to me over the past few weeks (Moon, Miamibruno, St Ignatz), so thanks to them for enabling my affliction lately - not that I need any help. So sorry for no visuals, but y'all are looking good today.

...I thought a drummer's best friend was whoever had a sofa...

/the only thing I can play is a radio, anyway

looking forward to seeing the new acquisitions Jim

you are correct... I spent many years living sofa to sofa

...and it is my pleasure to be one of your many enablers ... kind of proud of it actually

listening to Joes Garage as we speak ... thought of you

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today I started with this Resistol 3x Beaver.
20151213.jpg

Later I knew I would need a hat with a stampede string so I chosen this Stetson The Billy Kidd
20151213b.jpg

I went to Baleal to solve family matter and it was wiiiiiiindy. Good to have a hat I can "tie" up so it was not lost.
20151213baleal.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Everybody's looking great for a Sunday. I really haven't been out and anywhere today, so no pics of hats. I have, however, been puttering about the hat room cleaning hats, boxing hats, repaired a Dalton box Miamibruno found for me, tightened up a loose ribbon on a hat I got in the mail yesterday, etc. I've had a few of them on my head but again, no pix.

I have a few I haven't had a chance to break out yet, plus two in the mail to be delivered next week. I'm behind getting some of my new finds out for public viewing. I'll rectify that in the next few days.

A few loungers have also been very gracious and generous to me over the past few weeks (Moon, Miamibruno, St Ignatz), so thanks to them for enabling my affliction lately - not that I need any help. So sorry for no visuals, but y'all are looking good today.

...I thought a drummer's best friend was whoever had a sofa...

/the only thing I can play is a radio, anyway
Enjoy your day!

looking forward to seeing the new acquisitions Jim

you are correct... I spent many years living sofa to sofa

...and it is my pleasure to be one of your many enablers ... kind of proud of it actually

listening to Joes Garage as we speak ... thought of you

So did I, and I didn't even play an instrument. Just took up space!

Have you seen the new Roxy video? Chester Thompson and Ralph Humphrey on drums. Good stuff.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
that last picture took my breath away Joao
I took more but didn't wanted to flood the thread. This is facing North and this is kind of a cape of what was once a small isle.

Resistol Stagecoach today. I can see why Joao likes these hats so much, they are wonderful to wear.
David, Glad you like them also. They are really nice and you wear them well as I do ;)

If I had a hat-wearing band I would call it either The Sweat Band or The Lids.
Maybe Vic Velour and the Fuzzy Fedoras, but probably not.
If I were on that band, the last name would needed to be changed to Vic Velour & the Fuzzy Hats.
Anyway I would only be there playing one note or two and trying to keep the rhythm ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw