Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Relaxing in a Gannon in steel gray.

i-C9HFwFB-M.jpg

Chores this evening in a vtg. Stetson Royal De Luxe Viscount.

i-5JQmm7P-M.jpg

i-zvqwFSN-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 71180 View attachment 71181
View attachment 71182 View attachment 71183
I finally received this dark moss Fedora made by Aimee of Hopsie Hats: 24 1/2 inch circumference (big melon), 4 1/2 to 4 inch diamond-bashed crown, 2 1/2 inch brim. It is my first custom and first beaver-felt hat. The side and especially rear points of the diamond were softer than I wanted, so I refined the bash a bit. Other than that, the fit, color, etc. are as I'd hoped. The color does shift from from dark green to sort of brown (as I'd hoped). The "selfie" captures the color much better than the coffee-shop pics--I'm not sure what happened there, but they're decent images of the shape(s) of the hat.
Very nice, neighbor!

Looks good Al!

That coconut band is making me want something involving rum and a tiny umbrella. I dig it.
Thank you Dale. I liked the band too, but it made the hat feel heavy so it had to go. Maybe I'll be able to find a puggaree with some kind of "floral" print to give it that "tropical" vibe again. :cool:

And thanks to those who clicked the "like" button!

Around these parts the weather dictates when "Straw Hat Day" is, not the calendar. :) Since the temps have been in the upper-70s to low-80s (°F) this week, I've been wearing my first real straw hat (i.e., one I didn't get in a tourist shop for $10) for the past few days.

Sunbody_Oak_Fedora_After_2_zpsky9xsxlb.jpg

Sunbody's "2-1/2 inch brim Oak-colored Tear Drop". There's more information about the hat in the Sunbody Association thread for anyone who is either interested or really bored.
I've been enjoying the transformation of this Sunbody. I admit, if we get some warm weather for more than a one day stretch, I'll be breaking the rules myself. We are such rebels on the Lounge!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24