Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captured an oral history today from a 89 year old lady in the Portland area. It was part of the Clackamas County Extension Service Centennial project. She started with 4-H Cooking School when she was 9. This means she has been involved with OSU Extension for 80 years! It was a beautiful day, sunny and perfect Panama weather.

10May17 NW Panama side.jpg

Back to rain for the next week. Oh well, a couple of nice days and back to all of the new felts I have been binging on.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Looks great on you, Matt! I'm glad you are enjoying it my friend!
Thanks Rick. It's one great hat, that's for sure.
You mean you took advantage of this poor devout man during his time of penance?

Cursed hat predator!

It was just like the bourbon scene in North By Northwest, but with hats!
0bc5b92ae318f0d4e47c12ec2e12217a.jpg

HatAddict94

Familiar Face
2017-05-11 08.36.50.jpg 2017-05-11 08.37.28.jpg 2017-05-11 08.38.07.jpg 2017-05-11 08.38.38.jpg
My new akubra coober pedy that i got off eBay for cheap. I like steaming old hats and reviving them and this one is in dire need of some steam. Should i adjust it to be a flat brim or a fedora like brim. Whoever owned this hat last did not treat it well and the pictures in ebay were definitely not up to date. That's the hard part is ebay sometimes. You never know what you're gonna get even if the seller has 100% rating. They didn't package it well either. It was just in a box with a plastic bag. From what it seems it looks like it got wet one day and was forced dried with a heater or a blow dryer.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
My newest acquisition, courtesy of Adrian (@Miamibruno). He contacted me a couple of months ago because he knew I had this on my Bucket List, then sat on it until my employment situation improved. I got it Monday and I'm so happy to be back in "The Game."

Stetson 25. More pics in the 25 thread.

View attachment 74278 View attachment 74279 View attachment 74280 View attachment 74281 View attachment 74282 View attachment 74283
Phat datty hatty!

Congrats Jim. That's one heck of a nice way to celebrate the new gig.

Bravo.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Captured an oral history today from a 89 year old lady in the Portland area. It was part of the Clackamas County Extension Service Centennial project. She started with 4-H Cooking School when she was 9. This means she has been involved with OSU Extension for 80 years! It was a beautiful day, sunny and perfect Panama weather.

View attachment 74243

Back to rain for the next week. Oh well, a couple of nice days and back to all of the new felts I have been binging on.
Great looking Panama. Nice shirt and jacket combo too. Sounds like all day felt weather will be ending here on Saturday. I need to tune up the straws.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner