Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Yeah i’m thinking it was another postal designation, but this time just the broader one. I mean, I’ve never heard of “West Berlin” as “Berlin West” (maybe an Italian would say that!). The old address and the new address were only a few kilometers apart - so they both could have easily been in the postal zone “Berlin W”.

Also, I am not 100% certain that the 157 address did not move. What I am certain of is that due to its immediate proximity to the border (and then the wall), the area where that address is now was no longer commercially viable. Apparently it was slums during the entire Cold War and I believe that’s why they moved.

But this is all hypothetical and I can’t find any

Awesome Steve! Are you a teacher?
Thanks, Nathan.

I am a teacher.

Two hat day for me.

Friday morning found me back in the 7XCB for a run to the library. I picked up some Dashiell Hammett stories recommended by @VoodooSan.

View attachment 609624
View attachment 609625
View attachment 609626
View attachment 609627

The afternoon hasn’t gotten sunny so I took advantage and wore the Borsa homburg for a trip to the post office.
View attachment 609628
View attachment 609629
View attachment 609630

Happy Friday folks!
Love that homburg. And of course the 7XCB is a beaut.

VoodooSan

A-List Customer
Two hat day for me.

Friday morning found me back in the 7XCB for a run to the library. I picked up some Dashiell Hammett stories recommended by @VoodooSan.

View attachment 609624
View attachment 609625
View attachment 609626
View attachment 609627

The afternoon hasn’t gotten sunny so I took advantage and wore the Borsa homburg for a trip to the post office.
View attachment 609628
View attachment 609629
View attachment 609630

Happy Friday folks!
Love seeing that 7, Nathan!! Is my monitor correctly showing that homburg having a green shade? It's gorgeous!

RickP

New in Town
Todays project.... A little Stetson sold by Miller Hats a few years ago. Nice "Imperial Ultimate" felt. Disassembled hat, did a bit of blocking to square things up a tad ( Crown had a pretty severe slope in front and sides tapered in a lot) treated dried sweatband, sewed it back in, Replaced a braided horsehair hatband with some grosgrain that matches the edge binding fairly well (first time Ive ever ironed a curve in a ribbon and made my own... this was fun!!! lol) Stuck my fingers with the needle about a thousand times, and still have a little brim work to do, but Im pretty happy with the results so far. Will see what the folks at the coffee shop think in the morning
Compress_20240426_191900_0377.jpg
20240226_131053.jpg

RickP

New in Town
Todays project.... A little Stetson sold by Miller Hats a few years ago. Nice "Imperial Ultimate" felt. Disassembled hat, did a bit of blocking to square things up a tad ( Crown had a pretty severe slope in front and sides tapered in a lot) treated dried sweatband, sewed it back in, Replaced a braided horsehair hatband with some grosgrain that matches the edge binding fairly well (first time Ive ever ironed a curve in a ribbon and made my own... this was fun!!! lol) Stuck my fingers with the needle about a thousand times, and still have a little brim work to do, but Im pretty happy with the results so far. Will see what the folks at the coffee shop think in the morning View attachment 609692 View attachment 609693
Heres what it looks like when I got it a few months ago
s-l1600.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Love that homburg. And of course the 7XCB is a beaut.
Love seeing that 7, Nathan!! Is my monitor correctly showing that homburg having a green shade? It's gorgeous!
Thanks gentlemen.

I think that bit of green in the photo is just the artificial lighting, Mark. I should have included a photo in natural light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner