Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is served in most movies

chrismak

Familiar Face
The actor.. goes to the bar, takes the glass top off the glass bottle..and serves ____________________

What do they serve usually? Rye? Scotch?

Kt Templar

One of the Regulars
Well 'gin' or 'vodka' used to be popular because they could use just water. I suspect that cold tea can be used to replicate whisky etc. or apple juice.

On Cheers they used some sort of fake beer, in the UK they use real beer in Eastenders and Corrie!

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Kt Templar said:
Well 'gin' or 'vodka' used to be popular because they could use just water. I suspect that cold tea can be used to replicate whisky etc. or apple juice.

On Cheers they used some sort of fake beer, in the UK they use real beer in Eastenders and Corrie!

For James Bond:
Whisky = Apple Juice
(I actually put some Apple juice in an old whisky bottle at a murder-mystery party, I got some shocked looks at how quickly I was knocking the stuff back.)
Champagne = Ginger Ale
Martini = Water

In answer to your question, I would have thought Whisky - you often see it in those little stemmed glasses (a bit like shot glasses). Whether this is Rye or Bourbon I am not sure.

I'b found this - this more about Movies and cocktails but is is interesting none the less.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Ginger Beer"

"Love the night-club scene in "Purple Rose Of Cairo" Mia Farrow's character who has Stepped from the audience "into" the Glamorous Hollywood Movie's Night club Scene, comments " I dont know what they are charging you for this Champagne, but it's actualy Ginger Beer"

purple-rose-of-cairo.jpg

"Kitty, She's real!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BKXAs5iCjc&NR=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy