Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When was the first time, you questioned mankind?

I still remember my very first WTF?? moment.

It was in circa 1998/1999, when we were on a usual relatives birthday party and someone brought shrink-wrapped ice cubes from supermarket.
The whole evening I had question mark dancing over my head, because WTF??
Every household has at least one ice cube tray in it's fridge, so what's the point? And in modernity, you got at least one ice cube tray given with a new fridge, so you don't need to buy another.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ever since I learned that mankind gave up their nomadic lifestyle for sedentariness.

Edward

Bartender
The day I saw two kids sitting on a bench texting each other.

I remember the forerunner of that - sitting at fixed terminals in the computer room at university in 1993, using the direct messaging system. None of us had a mobile then - not that, of course, anyone would hear of SMS until closing in on a decade later.

I remember the forerunner of that - sitting at fixed terminals in the computer room at university in 1993, using the direct messaging system. None of us had a mobile then - not that, of course, anyone would hear of SMS until closing in on a decade later.

Was it this "net(work)send" option from MS Windows? I remember this from Win2000.

Fifty150

One Too Many
my very first WTF?? moment

When Caitlyn Jenner joined The California Highway Patrol, and Greg Evigan was canceled.

1691046837238.png
View attachment 536993
1691047541341.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner