Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find a really nice 40s or 50s suit in the New York City area?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A friend is getting married and asked me where to find a good 50s suit in NYC. I of course thought of my esteemed FL gentlemen friends of the city and those who know it well. His tastes might veer towards the kitschy, so fun is not out. (Ex: he wants my boyfriend to officiate because he has a Boston accent lol.)

Any suggestions? He wants authentic vintage and said suit, not tux, so I assume he meant suit, not tux. What the heck to men usually wear in weddings anyway? ;) Ok, I have verified he wants a suit.

His size: 44s, 34 to 36 waist.

If the locations are too secret feel free to PM me. ;)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Ex: he wants my boyfriend to officiate because he has a Boston accent.

....and you dance around afterwards to the theme from The Departed?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
It'll be hit or miss anywhere he goes, I'm afraid, but Family Jewels on 23rd Street (it's not cheap) and Starstruck Vintage on Greenwich Ave. are worth checking.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CHERRY also has some mens suits that are quite nice. They are not cheap either. 44S will be a challange,that is my size and it is not easy to find. I was at Starstruck the other day and they have a limited selection. They have more formal wear than suits.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I think the Cherry men's store closed, though I heard they were going to carry some men's stuff in the women's store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot