Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to put my inicials?

Mycroft

One Too Many
Ok, I want to buy the 1941 Replica Zippo, but I want to get it engraved with my incials. The problem is I want it not to stand out like you are engraving a cigarrette case since I love the smooth surfice and the lines and do not want to clutter the simplicty of it, where do you thin I should put them. Also, what font should I use a round art deco one or a classic block one, I don't relly like script though, or shoud I design a sympol that is art decoish with my inicials?

The Lighter:

1941zippo.jpg

Baggers

Practically Family
You might want to consider the model 230 "1937 Vintage" Zippo. It has a slightly more square appearance than the 1941, and is an even earlier year model. It also has a small amount of very deco looking engraving on the case on the form of three small diagonal lines in opposing corners. Nothing like going back as far as you can! ;)

BTW, I agree with scotrace's advice as to font and placement.

Cheers!

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Depending on where you go to engrave it will depend on oyur options.....lower left corner (hing facing left) is what I have seen as a traditional placement that wasn't dead center.......most places have cursive, scroll, bock, and plain and thats about it.....now if you have a trophy shop nearby they can do much more if they are willing to engrave......

Mycroft

One Too Many
Baggers said:
You might want to consider the model 230 "1937 Vintage" Zippo. It has a slightly more square appearance than the 1941, and is an even earlier year model. It also has a small amount of very deco looking engraving on the case on the form of three small diagonal lines in opposing corners. Nothing like going back as far as you can! ;)

BTW, I agree with scotrace's advice as to font and placement.

Cheers!

Yea, I saw that it looked cool, but I want to get a natural finish on it (wear and tear), I think the one with the stripes is kinda nice looking for what I want. I like the initials on the side or the corner too. I will put up a sample tonight. (Yea, I know can't spell)

EL COLORADO

One of the Regulars
Id put a little carved picture of a cigarette pointed slightly down with a whisp of smoke coming up from the tip. And then in the corner in small letters your initials.

EC

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Engraving

I believe both of the models mentioned are available in sterling - my choice. Where does one get good, deeply cut engraving done?

m

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo