Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Here is Wearing their Spring Dresses this Weekend??

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am doing the happy dance and am now grateful for all of the salads I have been eating since February! I bought this gorgeous 1940's ribbon summer suit that I could only zip halfway around the skirt and today it fits like a dream and I am so comfortable in it (I was very uncomfortable when I first tried it on). Anyhow, I am dressed to the 9's today and can't wait to go into work to show off my outfit (after that the job is a bore ;) ).!

Here is what I am wearing, with a slip of course!

BrownRibbonSuit.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Well the responses I got to the suit were elegant, sexy and sultry. :eek:

I apprecate the elegant, but what's up with sexy and sultry (not what you want to look like at work) :( .

Maybe because it's a little form fitting (and not even that bad). LOL, I wonder what they will say about outfit number two tomorrow. :eek:

Do any of you wear your vintage to work and do they think of you as a freak or something??

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
Well the responses I got to the suit were elegant, sexy and sultry. :eek:
I apprecate the elegant, but what's up with sexy and sultry (not what you want to look like at work) :( .
Maybe because it's a little form fitting (and not even that bad).

I don't think I would sweat it too much if I were you. In my experience, "sexy" has become the word replacement of choice for anything good. I've heard cars, weaponry, computers and power tools described as "sexy". I have heard elementary aged girls desiring to be "sexy". Everyone wants to be "sexy" and ads tell us everything is "sexy". The over-use and misuse of this word is a pet peeve for me. :(

I've also found that in this world where the clothes off the rack fit most women like potato sacks, that clothes with good fit and tailoring, especially on a womanly figure, can garner attention. Add that to the fact that anything sheer is thought of as, well, sexy (even if it provides full coverage), and you have a higher chance of hearing you look sexy.

You're a level-headed lady with good taste and decorum. If you didn't think it looked provacative to you, it probably wasn't. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24