Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who may have made these Brooks Brothers Shoes?

Kennyz

Familiar Face
Hi, Can anyone tell me who may have made these shoes for Brooks Brothers? Could it be Church's or Crockett and Jones...?

Thanks a bunch!

Ken

Attachments

• s-l1400.jpeg
    s-l1400.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 74
  • s-l1500.jpeg
    s-l1500.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 56
  • s-l600.jpeg
    s-l600.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 46
  • s-l1700.jpeg
    s-l1700.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 48
  • s-l1800.jpeg
    s-l1800.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 57
  • s-l1900.jpeg
    s-l1900.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 65
  • s-l1910.jpeg
    s-l1910.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 58
  • s-l920.jpeg
    s-l920.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 64

LeeR

New in Town
I would say Peal&Co. The nail pattern is neither Crockett nor Edward Green. So, could be any of other British makers. They are nice quality shoes.

Last edited:

Kennyz

Familiar Face
I would say Peal&Co. The nail pattern is neither Crockett nor Edward Green. So, could be any of other British makers. They are nice quality shoes.
Thanks for the info and your thoughts, LeeR.

Ken

GHT

I'll Lock Up
At the risk of sounding contentious, there is a possibility that it could be Crockett. Brooks Brothers have a chequered history of owners, including the British store group, Marks & Spencer. But back in 1965 Brooks Brothers purchased the English bespoke bootmaker Peal & Co (founded in in 1765) and since then they market a range of shoes and other goods under that name. However, the Peal & Co shoes are today manufactured by Northampton firm, Crockett and Jones.

What you need to find out is how old the shoes are in order to discover who made them. One thing is for sure though, they are a fine looking shoe, and if they are of an age to have been made by Peal & Co, let me tell you that you are in exclusive company. See this website showing Peal's customers. Everyone from The British Royal family, other European Royal Families, Hollywood Royalty, World leaders, Industrialists, and on and on.
https://discovery.nationalarchives....e trading name,marketed under the Peal banner.

Kennyz

Familiar Face
At the risk of sounding contentious, there is a possibility that it could be Crockett. Brooks Brothers have a chequered history of owners, including the British store group, Marks & Spencer. But back in 1965 Brooks Brothers purchased the English bespoke bootmaker Peal & Co (founded in in 1765) and since then they market a range of shoes and other goods under that name. However, the Peal & Co shoes are today manufactured by Northampton firm, Crockett and Jones.

What you need to find out is how old the shoes are in order to discover who made them. One thing is for sure though, they are a fine looking shoe, and if they are of an age to have been made by Peal & Co, let me tell you that you are in exclusive company. See this website showing Peal's customers. Everyone from The British Royal family, other European Royal Families, Hollywood Royalty, World leaders, Industrialists, and on and on.
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/abcccbd8-9eb3-435d-b1c2-45bfde20ec01#:~:text=Upon closure, the trading name,marketed under the Peal banner.
Thank you for this information, and the link, GHT.

Ken

LeeR

New in Town
For some reason I became obsessed with finding out more. I think these shoes are made by Church's and are the Royal Tweed range. Nice shoes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner